Results 1 to 18 of 18
30-03-2011, 08:11 PM #1
Patch #2 Update - Fix List (Updated 07/29/11)
This post will detail which problems are going to be addressed in the next patch and the current status of each issue i.e. To Be Fixed or Fixed.
Starting from tomorrow - 31st March, we'll list below the current issues being addressed. It will almost definitely be added to over the next few days. This will let everyone know exactly where we are with regards to the development of the patch.
Please note, the forums have been slightly restructured making it easier to provide concise feedback so we can turn around fixes quicker. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Ice; 29-07-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Update
31-03-2011, 05:40 PM #2
Below is a list of issues we are working on for the next Patch. This isn't a list of all the outstanding problems but we'd like to get this Patch out ASAP and these are the key issues that are stopping the majority of players from enjoying the game. As each item is fixed, the status will be updated. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.
- Fix lack of Caution Flags - Fixed
- Fix issues with the A.I. exiting the pits and then pulling straight up the track - Fixed
- Fix Cautions Lights being illuminated all of the time - Fixed
- Improve the PS3 voice comms - Fixed
- Fix the instant wrecking during Online Rolling Starts - Fixed
- Fix the Lobby Race Start Counter freezing - Fixed
- Fix Spotter saying “Clear” too often - Fixed
- Truex Jr. & Bill Elliott being corrupt during celebrations - Fixed This may need to be held back until the DLC pack due to the size of the fix. Microsoft limits the size.
- Hardcore mode enabled on Xbox 360. PS3 already works - Fixed
- Fix Custom Setups working Online - Fixed
- Car rolling away during a celebration leaving the driver celebrating in mid-air - Fixed
- Pace car lights in single player are on all of the time - Fixed
- Issues with the Lucky Dog rule - Fixed
- Issues with the Wave Around rule - Fixed
- Improve FFB and wheel sensitivity options - Fixed
- Slow Down indicator is no longer displayed on Talladega as it's a wide open track - Fixed
- Spotter says “Clear” when there are cars along side the player - Fixed
- Green White Checkered problems - Should read “Caution - 1st Green White Checkered” - Fixed
- Opponent cars floating above the track - Fixed
- Loss of Save - Fixed
- Improve general stability and freezing issues - Improved
- Fix the Rolling Starts Online/Offline so the cars begin in the correct formation and together - Fixed
- In Private games, the host will start the timer when they are ready - Added
- Add support for the Porsche GT2 wheel (XBox 360) - Added
- Allow the HUD to be completely turned off - Added
- Ensure only Carl Edwards performs a back flip - Fixed
- Add the ability to change your Online Car - Added
- Add proximity indicator to split screen - Added
- Added Manufacturer Logos and Headlight / Taillight stickers to the Paint Shop- Added
- Adding time to the lobby count down when people enter a lobby - Improved
- Added a penalty mechanic to slow down the player when cutting corners on the Road Courses - Added
- A.I. difficulty being too easy when qualifying - Improved
- Added Wheel Control sensitivity option to the XBox 360 - Added
- Allow the Rival Icon to be turned off, use In Game options menu - Added
- Change the Gas indicator so it defaults to full in the pit stop interface - Added
- Add support for the T500 wheel - Added
- The sensitivity when using the stick to move / rotate etc. is too high - Improved
- Disable rubber banding - Added
- Legends Challenge, Only show the closest tag - Improved
- When any players are in a race, players in the lobby should see “PLAYERS STILL RACING” where it currently reads “AWAITING OTHER DRIVERS” in the lobby - Improved
- Added an Auto Kick system for removing disruptive players, Driving Backward or not Moving, in an online race - Added
- A.I. bunching on certain tracks - Improved
- Accelerated vinyl projection rendering, slightly faster on Xbox 360, almost twice as fast on PS3 - Improved
- Upped custom decal layer count from 50 to 75 - Improved
- Non-Supported wheels now have better general compatibility, Thustmaster (All) & Logitech (MoMo & GT Force) - Added
- Reconfigure the damage to improve the look and add more debris on impact - Improved
- Allow a greater selection of race distances in the lobby / private lobby. - Added
- A.I. pitting problems causing them to collide into each other - Improved
- Hitting the wall often turns the car ending up with the player facing the wrong way - Improved
- It’s difficult to start moving again if you’re on the grass or if you’re turned - Improved
- Online Collisions - Improved
- More smoke in Celebration burnouts - Improved
- Online lag affecting the ability to run closer to other cars trough corners without spinning - Improved
- Added a splash and go animation when just fuel is added during a stop - Added
- Draft effect both on the car and visual to be tweaked - Improved
- Free up the A.I. cars so that when they are hit by a player they will get loose - Fixed
- A.I. being overly aggressive when bump drafting the player - Improved
- A.I. slamming their brakes on for no reason - Improved
UPDATE: Patch #2 is now 100% Complete and has now gone into Full Test with Activision. Once testing has been completed it will then be submitted to Microsoft and Sony for Approval, Approximately 1-2 weeks.
Last edited by Ice; 13-06-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Removed Highlighted Text
05-04-2011, 12:02 PM #3IceGuest
At the request of the Community I've added a work in progress indicator. Obviously some of these fixes will take longer than others to correct and because of this if a fix has 'Work In Progress' assigned to it for longer than you expected this will be due to it taking more time and resources to fix than initially expected.
Your patience is appreciated while we make the necessary adjustments to NASCAR The Game 2011
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM #4
With regards to the release date of patch #2...
We will be working on the damage next week, whilst at the same time fixing the remainder of the issues listed above. The patch will then be tested for around a week. The final stage is Certification with Sony and Microsoft. This can take around 1-2 weeks. So week beginning the 9th May could be a realistic release date if everything goes to plan although there are elements beyond our control in this process. We'll keep everyone up to date with developments.
03-05-2011, 04:45 PM #5IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 05/03/11
Currently the Xbox 360 patch is still in testing with Activision and we hope to have it submitted to Microsoft by this Friday 6th May. The reason for this is to ensure that the patch is released bug free and doesn't cause any other issues. Although this is probably not what you wanted to hear, it would be pointless to rush Patch #2 through testing only for us to then have to work on another patch due to this one not fixing what it was meant to.
NOTE: Submission normally takes up to 2 weeks
The PS3 patch is stuck in limbo at the moment due to the fact that PSN has been down since the patch was completed. Due to a large proportion of the fixes directly relating to the online aspect of the game, it's simply been impossible to fully test the PS3 patch. So at this time we have no news regarding the PS3 patch, besides it's been delayed.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I think it's important that Patch #2 works and fixes issues without causing new problems.
Last edited by Ice; 03-05-2011 at 04:50 PM.
09-05-2011, 01:47 PM #6IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 05/09/11
I've been given an update on the progress of Patch #2
The Xbox 360 version is still being extensively tested to ensure that it's released as bug free as possible. Although we hoped to have submitted to Microsoft on Friday 6th May, a handful of issues that needed to be resolved have been found and we're working with Activision to get these addressed as quickly as possible.
Still no change on the PS3 version of Patch #2 due to the ongoing PSN issues. Activision cannot fully test the patch whilst PSN is offline.
13-05-2011, 05:45 PM #7IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 05/13/11
We’re currently working with Activision on Patch #2 for Xbox 360 and hope to get it out to you as soon as possible. Although as some members of the community have previously pointed out, when adding new features to a title it can sometimes lead to new issues and bugs being found and the new features that we’ve added to NASCAR The Game 2011 have indeed caused some new previously unseen bugs, at the same time we've also been fixing additional bugs not connected with the Patch.
To ensure that Patch #2 is released as bug free as possible whenever a bug/s has been identified by Activision we’ve then worked to resolve it/them as quickly as we can and then re-submitted a new build for testing. As you can imagine this back and forth can be time consuming but we feel that it is in the best interest of the game, as well as the community, to get it right first time.
The Playstation 3 version of Patch #2 in still on hold due to the Playstation Network outage and as soon as we have an update on the PS3 version you can be sure we’ll inform you.
The Xbox 360 patch is unaffected by the PSN outage and will be released as soon as testing and submission is completed.
Your continued patience is very much appreciated and we're confident that you'll be pleased with the results.
19-05-2011, 05:37 PM #8IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 05/19/11
Patch #2 for Xbox 360 is very close to submission and as soon as it has been submitted to Microsoft we'll update everybody. We understand that Xbox 360 players have been waiting a while for the patch now but as mentioned in my previous update we want to make sure that Patch #2 is as bug free as possible before we submit it.
The good news for PS3 players is that now PSN is back up and running, we've been able to begin testing the PS3 version of Patch #2. We're hoping that testing of the PS3 version won't take as long as on 360 because any bugs found on the 360 that apply to the PS3 version should now be easily identified.
As soon as we have a further update I'll update everybody. Thanks again for all your patience.
Last edited by Ice; 19-05-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: typo
26-05-2011, 05:54 PM #9IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 05/26/11
I've been getting a lot of complaints from people saying that we promised Patch #2 on May 9th so I'd like to clear up this misunderstanding first.
The date we gave as May 9th was a date that was realistic if during test no new issues were found. Unfortunately, as some have stated in other threads, when you add so many new features to a patch, as well as fixing the bugs, it can sometimes cause new previously unseen bugs to be identified during test. This is in fact what has happened with Patch #2. Whenever a new bug was identified during the test process we made sure that we addressed it and then submitted a new build of the patch for testing. This is the reason that we missed the estimated release date but I feel that this decision to ensure the integrity of Patch #2 was the right decision.
With the Xbox 360 version it's looking like we'll be submitting the final build of the patch to Activision tomorrow for a final quick check. Then it will be submitted to Microsoft who will then take 1-2 weeks to approve it and then release it.
For the PS3 patch there was a delay at the beginning of the testing process due to the PSN outage and testing could only begin at the start of last week 05/16/11. Despite this many of the bugs that were identified on the 360 version also applied to the PS3 version so this has saved us some time. Because of this we're on track to complete work on the PS3 patch at the end of next week. As with the 360 patch once the final build has been sent to Activision for a final check it will then be submitted to Sony for approval and release which normally takes 1-2 weeks.
I'm confident that you'll be satisfied with the results of Patch #2 because I managed to play an early build of it, from the beginning of last week, and I noticed big improvements in that version and the latest build is even better.
03-06-2011, 10:09 PM #10IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 06/03/11
Last week we submitted the Xbox 360 Patch #2 to Activision for final testing and during the final testing around 15 new bugs showed up that needed to be fixed.
We expect to deliver a new final build on Monday and then a final round of testing will begin. We simply can't ignore these 15 issues, regardless of how long it has taken to finish the patch, they just need to be fixed.
As mentioned in the last update, the PS3 Patch #2 testing was delayed due to the PSN outage and was only able to commence when PSN was restored. We're hoping to submit the PS3 Patch #2 for final testing shortly after the Xbox 360 Patch #2.
We'll update everybody on the status of Patch #2 toward the end of next week.
Last edited by Ice; 04-06-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo
11-06-2011, 11:19 AM #11IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 06/11/11
Testing of Patch #2 will be continuing over the weekend and unless there's is a complete disaster Patch #2 on Xbox 360 should be submitted to Microsoft on Monday or Tuesday. Once the patch has been submitted it will take Microsoft 1-2 weeks to approve and release it.
The PS3 Patch #2 is currently around 1 week behind the Xbox 360 version, we've managed to catch up most of the time lost due to the PSN outage, so we're estimating that submission to Sony of the PS3 Patch #2 will take place during the week beginning 06/20/11.
Sony will take 1-2 week to approve Patch #2 but there is some good news, Sony have been known to regularly approve patches in 1 week and under these circumstances there's the possibility that both versions of Patch #2 will be released roughly at the same time.
We will of course update everybody should something unplanned happen that will cause a further delay.
22-06-2011, 08:01 PM #12IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 06/22/11
As most of you are aware, today we were running a final transatlantic online test between Eutechnyx and Activision. During this test we identified one or two issues with the online multiplayer which we are now going to work throughout the night to fix so that we can send Activision an updated build first thing tomorrow morning. We're hoping that this will allow Activision to submit the Xbox 360 patch either Tomorrow or Friday.
As you may already know the PS3 patch is currently around 1 week behind the Xbox 360 patch and we’re looking to submit the PS3 patch toward the end of next week.
Last edited by Ice; 22-06-2011 at 08:05 PM.
08-07-2011, 10:52 PM #13IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 07/08/11
We've just been informed that the NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #2 for Xbox 360 has passed testing at Activision QA and submission to Microsoft for approval is imminent. Microsoft will take 1-2 weeks to approve the patch. Part of the testing process that Activision QA have been carrying out is to make sure the patch meets submission requirements.
The PS3 version of the Patch is approximately 1 week behind the Xbox 360 version, although many of the fixes are transferable so we're confident that the PS3 version of the patch will also pass testing.
09-07-2011, 04:59 PM #14IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 07/09/11
The Xbox 360 patch has been submitted to Microsoft! We'll update everybody with a release date when it gets approved in around 7-10 days.
Thanks for your patience
UPDATE: I've just been informed that the Xbox 360 2011 DLC has also been submitted to Microsoft, we'll update the community with more details as we receive them.
Last edited by Ice; 09-07-2011 at 05:58 PM.
21-07-2011, 09:15 AM #15IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 07/21/11
We're pleased to announce that the PS3 Patch 2 & 2011 DLC, which on PS3 are one file, has been submitted to Sony for approval. As with the Xbox 360 versions it will take Sony 1-2 weeks to approve them but there is some good news, Sony Regularly take only 1 week to approve patches and DLC's so there is a chance that it could be released by the end of next week.
We'll update the community as and when we receive any news from Sony.
We thank you for you patience during the development of Patch 2.
Last edited by Ice; 22-07-2011 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo
22-07-2011, 09:09 AM #16IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 07/22/11
We're pleased to announce that Microsoft have approved the NASCAR The Game 2011 Patch #2 for Xbox 360. It will be released on 23rd July at 2am PDT.
The patch will be under 10Mb in size and you should be prompted to download and install it automatically the next time you play NASCAR The Game 2011 after the the patch has been released.
The 2011 DLC is still with Microsoft and as soon as we've been given a release date for it we will of course update the community.
We thank you for your patience.
22-07-2011, 10:17 AM #17IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 07/22/11 Update 2
It seems that Microsoft have released the patch early on Xbox 360 and it is NOW LIVE! So what are you waiting for? Go get it
Last edited by Ice; 22-07-2011 at 11:25 AM.
29-07-2011, 04:11 PM #18IceGuest
Update on Patch #2 07/29/11
We're pleased to inform you that the Playstation 3 version of Patch 2 and the 2011 Season Update DLC has passed submission with Sony and will be released on Monday 1st August (exact time to be confirmed).
The Playstation 3 version of Patch 2 and the 2011 Season Update DLC is one single file on PS3 and is 500Mb in size, it will also be free of charge.
We thank you for your patience.