Results 1 to 1 of 1
24-02-2011, 06:40 PM #1fekkerGuest
Eutechnyx recruiting on-line editor
VIDEO GAME DEVELOPER & PUBLISHER SEEKS ON-LINE EDITOR
World-leading video game developer Eutechnyx™ seeks an online editor to work across a range of high-profile video game launches. This is a rare opportunity to join the marketing team of the company that leads the field in games technology. The position is based at the company head office in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, UK.
The online editor will also be responsible for asset creation, management and their deployment to a number of Eutechnyx owned websites, social networking tools and to the media via regional PR agencies. The role includes the management of asset media for a range of company products (including the online racing game built around car communities Auto Club Revolution™ and console hit NASCAR® The Game 2011. The role encompasses the management of content on a range of company online properties include www.autoclubrevolution.com, www.nascarthegame.com and www.eutechnyx.com and corporate and product social feeds including Twitter and Facebook.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating and deploying editorial plans for websites and/or brands, with the vision and ability to create entertaining and authoritative content. They will have a keen eye for detail, exacting working standards and a proactive approach to online content creation, experience in community management and social media would be beneficial.
They would have a good understanding of the tools of the trade, including MS Office, art packages such as Photoshop and be familiar with web based systems such as a CMS.
- Create and deploy the online editorial plan for Auto Club Revolution and Eutechnyx.
- Development and ownership of asset production delivery timelines.
- Liaising with art, technology, development and design teams to create assets to support the editorial plan.
- Asset management and deployment to include textural, screenshots, render and video assets.
- Community and social media management via forums, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Working closely with partnered PR agencies to ensure copy and rich media asset requirements are met
- Creation of email marketing content
Key skills and experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- An understanding of PR
- Experience with community management and social media
- Attention to detail and exacting working standards for high quality asset management
- Experience in the games industry (whether professional or as a consumer) is a bonus.
- An interest in games and or cars or racing would be ideal.
- Experience in developing and deploying house-styles for content and assets.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
Package will be commensurate with experience.
To apply , we’d like you to demonstrate your skills by submitting a short news story announcing your appointment, should you be successful. The choice of media is yours, but please keep it short, sweet and ready-to-publish. This is your chance to stick out from the pack.
Please send the above, your CV and detail your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for submissions is 11/03/11.
Eutechnyx is the world’s leading independent racing game developer. With a history spanning over 23 years, the studio has won numerous awards for its million-plus selling titles and garnered exceptional acclaim in the business sector. As well as its headquarters in the UK, the company has studios in Hong Kong, Chengdu, Charlotte and Pittsburgh. For more information, please visit www.eutechnyx.com.