Results 451 to 475 of 533
Thread: NTG 2012 Wishlist
11-07-2011, 11:39 PM #451
THIS POST IS IN TWO PARTS... THIS IS PART 2 OF 2
Now I base that off the fact that I watch the guy every week very carefully so I see how he manuevers in and out of traffic on a week to week basis and I know the whole RCR team pretty well to be able to determine their engine package and their overall ratings as far as that goes. It would not take a whole lot of research to do this on every driver and you would just base that off the previous year before the game comes out.
I'm just trying to show what all these NASCAR games have yet to utilize that they can. I believe if Eutechnyx really wanted to do something new and open up a whole new world for NASCAR gaming it would be to integrate a slider system similar but not exactly like I just mentioned. There's a lot to do there. However I do not believe that you can just go in and start moving all drivers' presetted sliders around and make them as you like. I believe that the best way to advance a driver would be to use them in a season or career and then the better you do as that driver in each area of a race/track/etc then the higher up the slider goes. And for any new driver that you create they should allow similar to what other sports games do and have you have a certain number of moves you can make on the slider and have all of the sliders set to a default of 50 and only allow you to move up the sliders in each area a certain number. Of course you could try to go back in and change the sliders before each event but then they would just make it that as soon as you save the sliders you cannot go back in and mess with them they would be that way and the better you do every race the better your drivers' sliders get. You should not be able to create a driver and go in and immediately start winning races you should have your driver start going for top 20's and 15's and 10's and 5's and wins from there. Yes, it seems hard but it makes it for a much more in depth experience with your game and in the end it would make it much more enjoyable because it would definitely be more life like.
I know that all of you that read this are going to think I have too much time on my hands and you're right...I do. However, I'm sick and tired of these companies treating our NASCAR games like they are nothign more than for people to get to see how bad they can wreck. In my opinion if the company is going to go through the time to create a game it should be perfect in every way, releasing these games that are totally half-@$$ed is ridiculous and any real NASCAR fan should be furiated with the level of neglect NASCAR is getting both from the video game companies that make the games and the broadcasting companies that ignore all the potential drama and excitement NASCAR holds each and every week. It's time for a true revolution for NASCAR both in the general public eye and the tv/video game media. Thanks EVERYBODY for taking the time to read this and if anybody from Eutechnyx is reading this posts please please consider some or all of these options for your next NASCAR game. We as a community (the NASCAR fanbase) is being largely ignored in this world and if the right things happen to fix this then we are more than willing to spend the money to watch the races, go to the races, and ultimately buy the video games that give us the real world NASCAR experience. I will finish this extremely long and in depth post by naming a few other tweaks that can happen that should be fairly self explanatory. Thank you again everybody for reading this and I look forward to hearing all discussion on anything I said in this post. Have a great day everybody and talking about this game has officially made me want to play NTG11 tonight, even with all it's impurities. So feel free to message me or add me as a friend on the PS3 network tonight if you'd like. My screen name is to the left of this post on my user profile for this page. Thanks again.
Last few things I think should be added:
Ability to control cars in the pits with the option of turning this off that would allow for us to test our abilities of slowing down and keeping pace ourselves and seeing if there is any advantage we can get through the pits.
If I am involved in a crash I should not restart where I was when the caution came out. All cars involved in the crash will finish toward the back of the pack and in order of who was in front to who was in back of the crash. all the cars not involved would start in their lining order in front of us.
Ability to train our pit crews a little bit and make them a little faster, obviously we can't have a 9 second pit stop for 4 tires, but maybe allowing a training session of sorts will gain a couple hundredths or tenths of seconds on pit road allowing us to come out in front of another car or two (couple that with the ability to control cars on pit road then you'd really have a full in depth experience)
Option to select certain weather conditions at tracks. Or just keep them random. This can be online or single player. If you have the ability to choose cloudy at a track rather than sunny then some people's cars would handle better than others for each varying condition. Just a thought.
Anyways, that wraps it up for me. thanks again everyone.
12-07-2011, 03:26 AM #452
I'll make all of this happen 4 you guys because i'll make my own NASCAR video game Featuring what the heck you guys put on the thread. And Release it on the 4th month or 5th month of 2012. It will be on the XBOX 360, Nintendo 3DS, Playstation 3, And PC. How about that Diehard NASCAR Fans. The Game Is Called NASCAR 2012: Teamwork Controls Everything. On The Cover Is DAYTONA 500 CHAMPION, Trevor Bayne And Five Time Soon to be sixth time champion, Jimmie Johnson."I should have never told him"-Denny Hamlin
12-07-2011, 11:54 AM #453
have FURNITOUR ROW as one as the sponsors in the paint boothBRING BACK MTN DEW REVOLUTION [IMG]http://images.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0PDoYBtW4JPhGsApsGjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtdXFkOWt hBHNlYwNmcC1hdHRyaWIEc2xrA2ZpbWc-/SIG=137p89glg/EXP=1333971949/**http%3a//www.trademarkia.com/logo-images/pepsico/mountain-dew-revolution-77375289.jpg[/IMG]
12-07-2011, 03:10 PM #454
Sorry new here and know wheel issues have been discussed.
- wheel calibration that is easy to get to in all racing modes and screens
- ability to save at any point in a race (it really stinks to have glitches and lose an hour worth of racing)
13-07-2011, 12:16 AM #455
lets not forget to implement a mirror that we can see out of, preferably make an option in the options menu so we can have the mirror in all of the views(bumper,hood,whole car, or cockpit)
13-07-2011, 06:21 AM #456
-Nascar Thunder 2004 combined with Nascar 2006's career mode.(Thread about it)
-Allstar race and shootout at Daytona.
-Damage that is realistic. When you hit a wall, don't make fenders tear off, make the front end look like it does at the track. Have some fluids running from under the car.
-League management system.
-Engine explodes. Fire included. Just put a notice on the back of the case or something that all makes are equal.
-Create a track.
-Create a driver.
-A paint booth with more than 20 sponsors.
-Adding to the Weather. Before the race, have your crew chief remind you of the rain. Let him show you a radar. While racing, he repeatedly reminds you of the rain and how far it is away, and estimated time away. Also plays a big role in the result to a race. And show the rain when it does, have the annoucer say something like,"The race is official! Congratulations to ______ team!"
-When we run out of fuel, let us be able to coast to pit road not get last place.
Will add more when thought of...
Last edited by MegaMan4562; 13-07-2011 at 06:26 AM.R.I.P. Charles 'Chuck' Herman Crouch
We love you Kudzo.
August 24, 1962- March 4, 2011
13-07-2011, 01:24 PM #457
NASCAR 09 menus + NTG 2011 driving physics + online practice and qualifying+ setup and paint sharing and uploading = AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
14-07-2011, 12:35 AM #458
Be able to make Adjustment calls on the track with the directional pad on the steering wheel or in the pause menu on Career mode. Just like F1 2010 if you hit the directional pad you can bring up sub-menus. Select Wedge, Brake Bias, Track Bar, or Grill Tape. Then when you pull into the pits the only decision you have to make is 2 or 4 tires."...the most important adjustment to a racecar's handling,is tightening the "Nut" behind the wheel!"
Irrelevant even after the patch....
14-07-2011, 10:47 PM #459
14-07-2011, 10:48 PM #460
15-07-2011, 06:41 PM #461
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
- Turn around...Don't see me repeat until you find me.
- Night racing. Actual night racing not evening racing
- Day to Night Transitions
- More grip at night tracks
- Better Carrer mode. Choosing to be a owner, driver, or owner/driver. If you are an owner or owner/driver, you have to build engines, chassis, and bodies (aero). Something similar to Nascar Thunder's career mode
- Harder AI
- Proper Two-Car tango
- tweaks to the handling model
- Simulation mode and Arcade mode
- Better soundtrack
Tha's it for now. I will continue this at a later date2013 "To Buy" List:
Build PC using the PCPartPicker List.
Get 1 year subscription on iRacing.
Buy all the content I plan to use.
15-07-2011, 10:31 PM #462
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
One thing I would like to see is more position changes among the AI. This game is better than years past. But I'd like to see a game where instead of the leader just pulling away, what if that were the guy who started 23rd? That would be cool fight someone who comes up through the pack.
16-07-2011, 06:56 AM #463
both practices in career mode
option to kill the motor on the second lap of qualifying
wrecking your car during qualifying or final practice sends you to the back of the field
16-07-2011, 07:09 AM #464
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
this is alot of stuff to add but most is the same.
all i request is you add a full online league manager mode for us cause EVERYONE is in a league and in all honesty that is it
oh i forgot add some legends to the game and retro paint schemes. that is it
16-07-2011, 05:01 PM #465
a couple things in the paint booth but only if we r able to use custom schemes online(360) the ability to outline or shadow a number and the ability to choose between painted wheels or chrome wheels would b nice
17-07-2011, 01:45 PM #466
Just a thought I really hate going online and getting into a race and some idiot decides it's fun to go back wards.
it sucked in 09 to have to pull over and kick a person so why not it a car starts going backwards that person it automatically kicked and it would be so awesome to show how many times a person is kicked for that so you could just get the boot out before the race start, this is probably some really far out dream of mine but I would love it
18-07-2011, 09:31 PM #467
1. Real Career Mode (to control every aspect of a team from your car to pit crews)
2. Turn current Career mode to season mode
3. Custom schedules for career/season mode (be able to select between 5-40 races)
4. Add modes like Gauntlet, Championship Showdown, and All-Star variation rules to single race mode, possibly even championship mode for mixed events.
5. Full race weekends in Single Race/Championship/Career modes with practice/qualifying/happy hour/race and access to the garage.
19-07-2011, 04:35 PM #468R.I.P. Charles 'Chuck' Herman Crouch
We love you Kudzo.
August 24, 1962- March 4, 2011
21-07-2011, 06:02 PM #469
I would like to have the Fox broadcasters doing the voices. I wanna hear D.W. say "Boogity boogity boogity" when I take the green Flag.
-I would like to add an image to use in the paint booth.
- I would like all 3 major NASCAR series. (Sprint, Nationwide, and Truck series.[/QUOTE]
I agree with the first 2 but the last one only have Cup/Nationwide series who cares about trucks besides a few
24-07-2011, 04:30 PM #470
25-07-2011, 12:03 AM #471
There should be a co-op mode. Where one person drives in cockpit mode with no car idicater, and the other person plays as a crew cheif/spotter for the person, telling them when theres nearby drives and such and also taking down info on the cars handling and how much fuel/tires to put on the next pitstop. Sort of a hardcore mode
26-07-2011, 01:38 AM #472
1) In-Depth career mode (example)- Sponsorship contracts, driver contracts with diffrent teams, retirement, ownership of team, be able to earn actual money throughout your career to use for ownership later on. 30 yr career mode. and be able to keep your stats and maybe inducted into hall of fame.
2) Really cool damage instead of the ripping and tearing effect
3) allow longer control time after crashing when the caution comes out
4) more engine failure and equipment failure
5) ive always wanted to see emergency vehicles on the track after a crash ( i know this may be to much but it is a wishlist right?)
6) in depth profile on your created driver
i will think of more later
26-07-2011, 02:48 AM #473
rain delaysBRING BACK MTN DEW REVOLUTION [IMG]http://images.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0PDoYBtW4JPhGsApsGjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBtdXFkOWt hBHNlYwNmcC1hdHRyaWIEc2xrA2ZpbWc-/SIG=137p89glg/EXP=1333971949/**http%3a//www.trademarkia.com/logo-images/pepsico/mountain-dew-revolution-77375289.jpg[/IMG]
27-07-2011, 08:07 PM #474
i want to see the cars just plain Crunch when you smash into the wall not have the sheat metal tear, that will work when you scrape the wall but not when you smash the wall head first
or this where gordon smashes the wall
Donny Schatz-5x WoO Champion, 6x Knoxville Nationals Champion
27-07-2011, 09:54 PM #475
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rochester, New York, United States
Okay, I just wanted to address the basics of the game that definitely need to be improved before new features and things like day/night transitions or inclusion of the truck and nationwide series are considered. I believe I have played this game enough to figure out most of the basic gameplay problems that still exist after patch 2.
- Bringing out the caution still doesn't work 100% of the time if you just spin on your own. This needs to be addressed for future iterations of the game.
- The lucky dog and wave arounds might be in the game, but it is very difficult to tell because the caution shows the wreck, any player pit stop, and then goes straight back to racing. My suggestion is to show who the lucky dog car is after showing a replay of the caution. Then before going back to racing, display another screen that lists any wave arounds after pits stops are completed, and finally another screen that shows the current running order after pit stops and a summary of who got 2/4 tires or fuel only and positions changed as a result. Sort of like the points standings screen after the race. Provide a "click x/a to continue" at the bottom to allow players as much time as they want to see other racers strategies.
- This has to do with pitting as well, but the decision to pit should not be made during a replay of the caution. It should be made as a player is coming off the final corner. My suggestion for this would be to have something similar to the outside/inside decision screen that players are given when they are leading the field back to green. Whatever decison your cursor is on (pit/stay out) is the one you are given. If cars are pitting in front of you it may change your decision on whether you'd like to pit or stay out, but currently I have no idea if others may pit when I decide to. Also it would be cool if computer drivers tried to fake you out sometimes if it makes sense for them to do so.
- I raced a full race at Watkins Glen and caused 3 or 4 cautions myself. There were 28 or so total -_-. This has more to do with A.I., but road courses should have more leeway on bringing out the caution in my opinion. Not a game breaker, but something to consider.
- Okay, so pit road is working much better than it did before patch 2 but I still have some issues. The pit road entry at some tracks is definitely the biggest issue. I pitted at Daytona and I was going probably 90mph at the commit line (way too fast) but I was going slower than a computer driver in front of me still. So computer cars don't have to obey the pit entry speeds? I've also been at pit road speed just past the entry point and had a car fly in to the back of me who was trying to pit. Overall the entry of the computer cars should be changed so they get off-line sooner (maybe wave hand before pitting?) and slow down to the correct entry speed.
- Another big issue is the exit of pit lane. It'd be nice if cars weren't ghosting through each other towards the end of my motion-cap pit stop but that's not a big deal. However, the fact that I can't control my car until the back straightaway is a big deal. I'm no longer on pit road. I no longer need the computer to aid me driving on the apron so as to stay out of the way of cars on the track.
- The fact that I'm not given control so that I stay off the racing line, but computer cars jump back in to the racing line and lower than normal speed on the back straightaways makes no sense to me. I've seen two computer cars wreck because one came out of the pits and straight in to the racing line even though another car was there, and I've had to slam and the brakes and make evasive maneuvers to avoid a wreck what computer cars are charging in to my lane after a pit stop. This shouldn't happen. Maybe change the A.I. design all together when they're planning to pit and when they're leaving the pits. I've also noticed that cars coming off pit lane 3 wide sometimes cause a wreck as they all try to stay on the apron. Please re-work pit lane/entry/exit A.I. in the future.
- The other big issue is illegal pit road entry. If I get bumped toward pit road at a place like Martinsville and end up entering the pit lane past the commitment cone I should be given a chance to keep my car on track. If I do end up making it in to the pits I should be allowed to make a pit stop but receive a penalty the same way I would if I sped in to pit road. This is mostly obnoxious because a crash could occur or I could be bumped on pit entry so that I make an illegal entry and it ruins the entire race. There is no rewind ability at that point.
- After the patch the A.I. difficulty on very hard is just right for me. I have a small adjustment to all my default setups that usually just involves loosening the car up a bit so I can get through the corners just a bit faster. I don't dominate every race and things are working really well. However, I could see having a faster set-up causing problems.
- The biggest problem with the A.I. is clearly the slow downs they have in quad ovals of the mile and a half tracks, and sometimes off exit of corners when cars are two or three wide. They should be slower when side by side, but not as slow as they are. I've heard this is because the computer cars are trying to draft as if they were at Talladega or Daytona. I think that the A.I. should act differently at restrictor plate tracks than they do at any other track. Hell, it seems that those 4 races of the year are completely different than any other so why not have A.I. reflect it.
Online play is alright after the patch, but if you want to know what a good online lobby looks like, take a look at Forza 3. That game also deals with people going backwards or being stopped on the track very well. Implementing those good ideas would make the online play much more bearable. I also feel like we should be able to select any options we want for a public lobby, and also allow players who enter that lobby to see what those options are. Or, you could use a "playlist" approach that most games use. So there is a short casual playlist, short hardcore, short pitsops harcore, and then med and long versions of those. I would also suggest forcing the lobby to wait for at least 4 players minimum before allowing the race to start. Just some general thoughts/ideas. The above bullet-ed points are more important in my opinion.
Last edited by Alex Crumb; 28-07-2011 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Spelling