Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giving away 2 free tickets to the Daytona 500

Hey guys, I'll try to keep this short. I work at a chevy dealership and ended up getting 2 tickets to the 500 for free. But today my dad Got 4 tickets to the race sent to him straight from GM! So it looks like instead of using the 2 tickets i got, Im going to be going with my parents and my brother to the race with the 4 tickets he got today.

So now i have two tickets that no one is using. I was thinking about giving it to one of my friends, But none of my friends like nascar. And i really wanna give them to a true nascar fan, someone who would enjoy it! And here on this site are some of the most hardcore and passionate nascar fans ive ever seen, Soooo anyway I would like to give them to one of you guys!

So whoever would REALLY love to go, Just write a simple message on here saying why you would like to go, And I'll choose one of you, And i''ll send em to ya in the mail! All i ask, if for you to be honest, If you know you cant make it down there Feb 20 please dont ask for them. And if no one wants them, I'll just end up selling them, But i just wanted to give you guys first dibs!

BTW the tickets are.. GrandStand Oldfield Section I Row 5 seat 13 and 14

Hey i would personally love to go because for one, I am a long time nascar fan (16 years), i have never been to daytona (or florida for that matter), and am not picky about where i sit at! Plus i was first to respond lol.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hawkeyeman04
    Mr. Oreotux,
    I have been a NASCAR fan since the day I was born. Less then one month after my birth, I was being held by Ernie Irvan at a local dirt track in Iowa. When I was six, my parents moved from Iowa to Florida just because of Daytona. I hadn't missed a Daytona 500 since 1992 until last year. We missed last year because of two reasons. Number one, The speedway had raised their prices. And number two, the more important reason, I was preparing for my wedding in March. We were saving every penny to pay for it and that took away the possability to go in 2010. In the past year, my wife and I got married and got our first house. I was hoping to make it to this years and was able to afford tix to the Bud Shootout, I am now almost penny-less heading into Speedweeks. There are still a few bills to go, but I think February is going to fine. We just don't have the extra money to spend on tickets for the speedway. My wife and I would love to go even more now because the man that sang our wedding song is preforming before the race, Brad Paisley. We are both huge fans of the sport. I am and always will be a Jeremy Mayfield fan, but I now cheer mainly for the Petty teams, Ambrose and The Dinger. My wife, who's first job was Target, met and had a great experience with Casey Mears and has followed him since. She also has a space in her heart for Tony Stewart from a fan meet & greet he did a few years back. This is tough living in the area of the races and not being able to go. I hope that, even if you don't choose us, have a wonderful time at the track. I expect it to be a hell of a race. Thank you.
    Been a NASCAR fan for life. I live for NASCAR. I eat, breathe, and sleep NASCAR. I grew up a Richard Petty Enterprises fan til I met Jeremy Mayfield when I was 10 and began to follow him. Now even though I still support him, I now follow The #43 and the #9. Go RPM!!!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SparksCS24 Steam ID: SparksCS
    I hope this is legit, I'm not interested, but you may need proof, cause I wouldn't want to give my address to someone who may be trying to pull a prank or something.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SpeedEnergyRCN7
    i have always wanted to go to a nascar event. i almost went to my first one in 2003. but i only had enough for about 1/2 a ticket not full price so i had to listen and watch the jumbotron while i wasnt in the grandstands. i traveled from delaware all the way to daytona to be dissapointed. i really want to go again

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Plummer View Post
    Mr. Oreotux,
    I have been a NASCAR fan since the day I was born. Less then one month after my birth, I was being held by Ernie Irvan at a local dirt track in Iowa. When I was six, my parents moved from Iowa to Florida just because of Daytona. I hadn't missed a Daytona 500 since 1992 until last year. We missed last year because of two reasons. Number one, The speedway had raised their prices. And number two, the more important reason, I was preparing for my wedding in March. We were saving every penny to pay for it and that took away the possability to go in 2010. In the past year, my wife and I got married and got our first house. I was hoping to make it to this years and was able to afford tix to the Bud Shootout, I am now almost penny-less heading into Speedweeks. There are still a few bills to go, but I think February is going to fine. We just don't have the extra money to spend on tickets for the speedway. My wife and I would love to go even more now because the man that sang our wedding song is preforming before the race, Brad Paisley. We are both huge fans of the sport. I am and always will be a Jeremy Mayfield fan, but I now cheer mainly for the Petty teams, Ambrose and The Dinger. My wife, who's first job was Target, met and had a great experience with Casey Mears and has followed him since. She also has a space in her heart for Tony Stewart from a fan meet & greet he did a few years back. This is tough living in the area of the races and not being able to go. I hope that, even if you don't choose us, have a wonderful time at the track. I expect it to be a hell of a race. Thank you.
    WOW, I really thought it would take me a couple days to decide, But this story got to me lol.. No question about it man.. There yours!! Your the exact type of person I wanted to give them to. A HUGE nascar fan that for some reason or another couldnt make it this year! And it also helped that your 24, Im also 24 lol Ohh and congrats on the wedding man! Well listen, If you want to send me you address on here, Or if you'd feel more comfortable you could get in contact with me through Facebook, Just so you can see im a real person lol Cause like ThaOne said, there are alot of shady people out there! Just lemme know! Anyway though, Im glad i could help you and your wife out, Whenever i get your address, I'll send the 2 tickets out asap!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: con100 PSN ID: cjo1992
    I wasn't going to try and get the tickets but I don't think you should of selected someone so fast. You barley gave anyone anytime to see this and submit there own message on why they want the tickets. Also you never gave any proof that the tickets were real. You should post a picture of them. Last thing is why would anyone give 2 free tickets to the Daytona 500? If I had 2 extra tickets I would sell them as soon as I got them.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by oreotux View Post
    WOW, I really thought it would take me a couple days to decide, But this story got to me lol.. No question about it man.. There yours!! Your the exact type of person I wanted to give them to. A HUGE nascar fan that for some reason or another couldnt make it this year! And it also helped that your 24, Im also 24 lol Ohh and congrats on the wedding man! Well listen, If you want to send me you address on here, Or if you'd feel more comfortable you could get in contact with me through Facebook, Just so you can see im a real person lol Cause like ThaOne said, there are alot of shady people out there! Just lemme know! Anyway though, Im glad i could help you and your wife out, Whenever i get your address, I'll send the 2 tickets out asap!!

Thank you so much. My wife and I never really did have a vacation after we got married. She got a new job right before we got married and they are real strict in vacations. They gave her the wedding day off and the day after. Other then that she gets Sundays off and I usualy don't get them off (sucks during day races, but thank god for DVR). I will be there for the Daytona 500!!!! Thank you Oreotux!!!!
    Been a NASCAR fan for life. I live for NASCAR. I eat, breathe, and sleep NASCAR. I grew up a Richard Petty Enterprises fan til I met Jeremy Mayfield when I was 10 and began to follow him. Now even though I still support him, I now follow The #43 and the #9. Go RPM!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by con100 View Post
    I wasn't going to try and get the tickets but I don't think you should of selected someone so fast. You barley gave anyone anytime to see this and submit there own message on why they want the tickets. Also you never gave any proof that the tickets were real. You should post a picture of them. Last thing is why would anyone give 2 free tickets to the Daytona 500? If I had 2 extra tickets I would sell them as soon as I got them.

Well first off, I never said how long i would keep this up. I didnt say this was gonna be some sort of raffle ticket thing! All I was doing was trying to find a good guy that deserved something like this, And i found him! And why would someone give away 2 free tickets to the daytona 500?? Well maybe, just maybe there are still some good people out there in the world, Who would rather help someone out , Than to look to get a couple extra bucks in their pocket.....Just a thought!

i would love to go, but not this year. in 2013, i am going with my friend, lol we live in Ma...we did the research..car rentals, hotel, flight, everying, itll be like a 1200 trip each
    "Like the physical, the psychical is not necessarily in reality what it appears to us to be" - Sigmund Freud

Fan
    PLEASE!!!!! This is how I have always been able to bond with my grandfather and I rarely get to see him. This would be amazing for us to go to the race. I would love to go to my first 500. I would be so thankful.

Would love to go

It's been years since I have been to Daytona for a race and would love to go again.

Hey sorry guys, Ive already given them away, But being that i work at a chevy dealership, I might be able to come in contact with a couple more, but theres a slim chance, I'll see what i can do though!

Well its always been a dream of mine but seeing as how you gave em to someone who has gone over 15 times im gonna save my breath.
    Q THE WHINING!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CFTCTV
    Dear Mr,
    I am one of the biggest NASCAR fans ever. i have been to watkins glen every year except one since 2002. i was young back then though. I have also been to dover once and i would LOVE to go to Daytona. I just personally think its great that your just giving them away. I like that idea. you seem like a very nice guy lol. I am a huge NASCAR gamer and never take a break from NASCAR. I have never missed a daytona 500 since i was 3. i know you probably will pick someone else, But all i want to do is see the daytona 500 and experience the fans. As the commercial says "Everything Else is just a game". And it is just a game to me. I hope you pick me. Because i would love to take my Dad who deeply loves NASCAR and would love to go. I also have off the week after, so it would work out great! i hope i get picked and if i do, please just post something on my profile. thanks!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Monst3r TRUCK29
    I am a huge nascar fan. I've watched for 10 years and NEVER mised a race. I've been to 2 races at daytona and will be going in july. i went to daytona in 2010 for the 500 and went to the 400 in 07. i keep up with nascar all the time and even for the off season. I talk about nascar so much i give my teachers a headache at school. I've always wanted to sit off turn 4. I've sat on turn 1 in lockhart section in 2010 and i have sat in campbell section in 2007. i live and breath for nascar and nascar is my life. im addicted to nascar and if i had the choice to win 1million or go to the 500 i would go to the 500. Nascar is everything to me. Im proud to be a harvick fan and will always be a harvick fan. i also am huge about chevys and i can still say i would choose a chevy over a ferrari or a bugatti.
    if chose contact melissa_antink@yahoo.com
    thanks,
    kevin a.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Pancaker65 PSN ID: Pancaker65
    Quote Originally Posted by Here comes Harvick View Post
    I am a huge nascar fan. I've watched for 10 years and NEVER mised a race. I've been to 2 races at daytona and will be going in july. i went to daytona in 2010 for the 500 and went to the 400 in 07. i keep up with nascar all the time and even for the off season. I talk about nascar so much i give my teachers a headache at school. I've always wanted to sit off turn 4. I've sat on turn 1 in lockhart section in 2010 and i have sat in campbell section in 2007. i live and breath for nascar and nascar is my life. im addicted to nascar and if i had the choice to win 1million or go to the 500 i would go to the 500. Nascar is everything to me. Im proud to be a harvick fan and will always be a harvick fan. i also am huge about chevys and i can still say i would choose a chevy over a ferrari or a bugatti.
    if chose contact melissa_antink@yahoo.com
    thanks,
    kevin a.
    dude you realize if you had a chance to win a million you could go to every race with that money not just the 500 LOL

UPDATE!!!!!!

Hey guys, Im really really sorry, But i checked today at work, And were all out of tickets! No more tickets, no more promotional codes, No more test drives for tickets, Nothing! And it sucks after reading some of these posts, I feel bad now, I wish i had 30 free tickets lol, But its not the case. But the good news is, That i might be making another thread like this come july, We usually get alot of tickets at the dealership to the coke zero 400 as well, So maybe i can give a pair away then as well! Alright, thats all, But again sorry for the other guys who posted on this thread, Maybe i can hook ya up in July!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OffizzDeapo14 PSN ID: OffizzDeapo14
    Wow....really? This has gotta be fake.

There's no way this isn't a prank or troll thread.

He only waited for three responses before picking someone...

And EVEN THEN he picked someone who claims to have been to the Daytona 500 SEVERAL times, and missed one, because (EDITED)

If I was having a give-away....it'd only make sense to me to give it to someone who isn't fortunate enough to afford it...not to someone who has been to 10+ Daytona 500's but didn't go to one because they paid for a wedding.

Gotta say, you really jumped the gun and messed up on this one...

Would I have tried to win them? Yes. Am I slightly bitter and that's the reason I'm showing a little displeasure? Yes.

Last year, I went to plenty of races. More than a fair share, but it's because I won many of them in trivia contests. Didn't pay for them, it wasn't random, the tickets I won were all from using knowledge. I drove a total of six hours one day just to pick up a set of tickets for a race that only lasted 100 or so laps on a 1.5 mile track.

I won tickets to Talladega, and got up at 4:45AM one morning, drove the 6 hours there, slept outside in a tent with no blankets, pillows, heaters, etc. in 35 degree weather, and drove another 6 hours home the next day to arrive back at home at 3AM.

Ticket give-aways should be for those who will do what they have to to earn them. Not for someone who has experienced time and time again what's being given away....
    Last edited by OffizzDeapo14; 10-02-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by OffizzDeapo14 View Post

And EVEN THEN he picked someone who claims to have been to the Daytona 500 SEVERAL times, and missed one, because he was spending all of his money paying BRAD PAISLEY to sing at the wedding.

If I was having a give-away....it'd only make sense to me to give it to someone who isn't fortunate enough to afford it...not to someone who has been to 10+ Daytona 500's but didn't go to one because they paid for a wedding with a famous singer.
    we danced our first dance to our song, which was played by a DJ , a song BY Brad Paisley. I only make 8 bucks a hour part time. My wife is the bread winner right now as I job search. lol If I had the money to get Brad to play at our wedding, I would have bought my tix by now...lol FYI the wedding DJ was a friend of the family that is also a Coca-Cola delivery man...lol
    Last edited by Trevor Plummer; 10-02-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: the hell of it

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Plummer View Post
    we danced our first dance to our song, which was played by a DJ , a song BY Brad Paisley. I only make 8 bucks a hour part time. My wife is the bread winner right now as I job search. lol If I had the money to get Brad to play at our wedding, I would have bought my tix by now...lol
    I apologize for that then....guess I was reading a little too quickly or just read it wrong.

As for myself, I only make $7.85 an hour...

I'm not afraid to admit I'm one quick to jealously when it comes to something I've admired and wanted for years but have never had the opportunity to have.

Like I said, I'm lucky to have been to the race I have been too, but doesn't stop me from wanting more. I'm always ready to go to any race, any time, at any track.
    Last edited by OffizzDeapo14; 10-02-2011 at 01:43 AM.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by OffizzDeapo14 View Post
    I apologize for that then....guess I was reading a little too quickly or just read it wrong.

As for myself, I only make $7.85 an hour...

I'm not afraid to admit I'm one quick to jealously when it comes to something I've admired and wanted for years but have never had the opportunity to have.

Like I said, I'm lucky to have been to the race I have been too, but doesn't stop me from wanting more. I'm always ready to go to any race, any time, at any track.
    Hey, I understand. It was hard working durring last years 500 and knowing that it was going on. I felt about the size of a pea. My wife will tell you that it killed me inside. Then the pot hole thing made the race last just long enough for me to get home to see the great finish. It really hurt not being there.

Gamer IDs

Anyway...yeah...I apologize...and regardless of how many Daytona 500's you've been to, congratulations on having the opportunity to go again.

Oreotux, if you get your hands on more, I'll be out the door to make the 10+ hour drive at the drop of a hat.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Airblaster51
    Dam I guess im too late for the tickets, wish I had saw this earlier, i live in Florida (4 hours away from daytona) and went to the last daytona race (My first time there) and really wanted to go to this one with my dad but we can't afford the tickets this time by. Well hope who ever gets them enjoys the race i guess. Im sure it will be one hell of a race.

P.S. If the person who one cant get there it would mean the world to me to see the race in person!!

I doubt this is real. And I agree, if this is real, you did kinda make your decision fast. You should of waited to see some responses, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast