Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Superka70 Wii Code: 5731 6501 1152 8747

Question Caution is out! Questions.

********************Offical Thread of Caution***********************

Questions that still yet to be answered!
    Also when you get in the grass will it be kicked up from the tires spin or when you go sideways into the grass?

NEW QUESTIONS!!!

Does the car parade around the track for a lap? Or be like Nascar 09 and cutscreen to restart?

How do the game react to debris on the track? Example: if a tire pops yet the car is under control and goes to pits, will caution still come out because of the tire pieces?

Will the pace car move or be there for show? I had this problem in The Race: WTCC where their is a pace car but it just sits their for show...

Questions from the thread:
    Post your question and it will be posted up here!

Questions thats been answered:
    Well the car line up in 1 row or 2 rows? 2
    Well i be able to drive while in caution? No AI will take over like in Nascar 09.
    Last edited by superka70; 08-03-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Updating.
    Looking for a Nintendo(might switch to Wii U) for 2012 or 2013 league season? Click below!
    Click here!
    "Quit your complaining!"
    Want Wii U news? Go to WiiUGo.com!

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steevlapeer PSN ID: LuckyDog_Rcn24
    Well I can answer number one for you!
    No you cant. The car will be taken over and AI will drive you down pit lane and around the track

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: charcole708
    Here's a question though...Will there be a delay? say your running in the back and a wreck happens up front, Will you get to dodge the wreck, or will the yellow come out, AI take over, and drive through it for you?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Griffin Scott
    The devs have not said

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: steevlapeer PSN ID: LuckyDog_Rcn24
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderhorse302 View Post
    Here's a question though...Will there be a delay? say your running in the back and a wreck happens up front, Will you get to dodge the wreck, or will the yellow come out, AI take over, and drive through it for you?
    It has been said that the game will give you time to drive through the wreck. I say they will give you a 10 sec span

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SynGamer Steam ID: SynGamer
    This is a good question. I'd like to know myself. I've had countless accidents because the game takes control of my car just as I'm getting ready to avoid a wreck.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Griffin Scott
    in the game that shall not be mentioned,(nascar 09), you couldnt even see the hole crash!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Faceless GHoST
    I think there needs to be an option where we can drive under caution, we all know its possible
    "What I say, is there to stay, a true man holds to his words and owns up to his mistakes"

I think after the caution comes out you have a few seconds to control the car. Then it goes to replay, and then the ai controls it.

Something like that, I remember Dave saying it on his twitter.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CS-HUNGER24
    The game will take control of your car, but we don't know how long after the caution comes out that will be, as the developers have not said. It could be 5 seconds, 10 seconds, or something different, we don't know yet.
    The Drive for 5 is still alive! Drive to End Hunger|DuPont|Pepsi Max

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GRASSMASTER 413 PSN ID: TOYOTA-RAClN-9l
    Dave said on his twitter not long ago, that there is a small delay that will be from green flag to yellow flag. Giving a chance for the wreck to play out

Exactly how much seconds is key though, cause there's a big difference between 3 and 6 seconds.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SilentPsych2012
    If you watched the SimRacingTonight Video, you can see that the car crashes and does a complete 180. If you watch at the top you cna see when the caution comes out and theres a delay before it comes out. My guess. Theres a delay of about 2 sec before then about 2 sec after the caution is called where you can control your car. (go to 30:20 to see this)

Dale Jr: "He just spun right out. Craziest thing I ever saw."
    -Richmond Flall 2013
    Follow me on Twitter @SilentPsych

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sir_Shenanigans
    I would love it if you could drive your car undercaution and down pit road like Indy car but you couldnt drive on pit road

i really do not understand the allure of driving pace car speed under caution (i can understand pit road perhaps). The purpose of computer-controlled caution is to allow the pace of the race to not grind to a complete hault (wreck @ talladega takes FOREVER to go around caution speed...) I believe it was NASCAR 2001? that had cars follow pace car under caution and if you have a race with several cautions, that gets boring really quick (and NO driving yourself wouldn't be that much more fun, trust me).
    I would rather have a game that has racing realism on the RACETRACK!!! Damn, guys, the game is going to have gorgeous graphics and appears the racing physics are stout for a racing game debut. Stop nitpicking over grass coming up out of the tire grooves?? (not slamming the question, if ya don't know, ya don't know...just the concept , or any of the frivilous concepts that really would have no effect on the game. If you want a game that "feels real" go grab you a REAL racecar lol. This is a video game limited to developed time and hardware space. give the dev's a break!
    *get's off soapbox* =P

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N0Fear88
    Quote Originally Posted by bamadude91 View Post
    i really do not understand the allure of driving pace car speed under caution (i can understand pit road perhaps). The purpose of computer-controlled caution is to allow the pace of the race to not grind to a complete hault (wreck @ talladega takes FOREVER to go around caution speed...) I believe it was NASCAR 2001? that had cars follow pace car under caution and if you have a race with several cautions, that gets boring really quick (and NO driving yourself wouldn't be that much more fun, trust me).
    I would rather have a game that has racing realism on the RACETRACK!!! Damn, guys, the game is going to have gorgeous graphics and appears the racing physics are stout for a racing game debut. Stop nitpicking over grass coming up out of the tire grooves?? (not slamming the question, if ya don't know, ya don't know...just the concept , or any of the frivilous concepts that really would have no effect on the game. If you want a game that "feels real" go grab you a REAL racecar lol. This is a video game limited to developed time and hardware space. give the dev's a break!
    *get's off soapbox* =P
    I absolutely agree. On iRacing we run under yellow but that's because it's a sim. It's nice at first because it feels more real, but trust me you're not missing much. It's just monotonous driving at 70mph for an extra 5 minutes. How is that fun at all?

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Redslayer
    If you want a game that "feels real" go grab you a REAL racecar lol.
    This post was spot on until this part - I cannot stand when people say this. It really truly annoys me. Why don't you go grab a real race car? Oh you don't have access to one? Oh you can't afford to buy a Stock car? Oh well neither can anyone else on this forum hence the reason we are here.

$!#%^ !!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SparksCS24 Steam ID: SparksCS
    Blame NASCAR for the freezing the field. If they would of kept racing back to the line, this problem wouldn't be here.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: thewrangler3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha0ne View Post
    Blame NASCAR for the freezing the field. If they would of kept racing back to the line, this problem wouldn't be here.
    yahh i miss those days
    "Don't be sad it's over, just be glad it happened."-Kurt Cobain.
    R.I.P Dan Wheldon, June 1978 - October 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Redslayer View Post
    This post was spot on until this part - I cannot stand when people say this. It really truly annoys me. Why don't you go grab a real race car? Oh you don't have access to one? Oh you can't afford to buy a Stock car? Oh well neither can anyone else on this forum hence the reason we are here.

$!#%^ !!!
    I didn't mean for THAT to be taken literally. I realize most people do not have the extra cash laying around to go purchase a racecar . Believe me, I'm one of those 2

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EMWHiplimbeboy7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha0ne View Post
    safety issue. its better this way. not only for the safety of fans but for the drivers too.

u dont want to stay in the gas because you are trying to gain as many positions as possible when there is a huge wreck infront of you..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheLastParakeet Steam ID: Mutt107
    Quote Originally Posted by EMWHiplimbeboy7 View Post
    safety issue. its better this way. not only for the safety of fans but for the drivers too.

u dont want to stay in the gas because you are trying to gain as many positions as possible when there is a huge wreck infront of you..
    We don't want to see a guy trying to get out of his burning car and get hit at full speed by another driver. Horrible.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Dark Redslayer
    I didn't mean for THAT to be taken literally. I realize most people do not have the extra cash laying around to go purchase a racecar . Believe me, I'm one of those 2
    I see, Well its a common defense of the people defending non-realism. I'm all for realism. The thing is, Everything should have an option to turn it off. As much as I like realism and tend to try and set games up for that (Forza 3 for instance, I use the wheel inside the car veiw with the hud off, Because in real life I don't have little maps and gueges floating around in the corner of my eyes) I would like barely ever -if at all- use full caution laps as by the time the race restarted I would be asleep. Eps at places like talladega/Daytona. I think its a ***** Idea, However it should be an option.

I just can't stand when people say go drive a real one. It makes me want to insult them until my computer explodes... Because if I could I'd be at the track right now. **** working when I could race. If I got the opportunity I'd even work in the shop of a nascar team. But I don't so I have to rely on games, with Devs who cater to "casual gamers" a group that causes more bad for games than good.

I guess you could always turn cautions off and hold a mandatory caution when there is a wreck. You'd need someone to moderate the race in order to do this... Most likely it would never be successful but was an idea.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Razorblade25
    It doesn't matter to me if I'm able to drive or not drive myself around the track when a caution is out but there should be a way to cut it on or off for the fans that do want it and for the fans that don't
    You think I'm a pretty good race car driver? Wait until you see my brother. He's the best driver in the family." - Kurt Busch (2001)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast