Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FapBerryCrunch PSN ID: KidxRocket

NTG 2011 Wheel Rotation question

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DKHardee PSN ID: kylehardee
    dude... I don't think the NASCAR Stockcars turn any more than that.
    South Carolina Gamecocks - 1969 ACC Champions, 2010 SEC East Football Champions!
    Coastal Carolina Chanticleers - 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010 Big South Football Champions!

Gamer IDs

They do, im not saying make it exactly like the car, but i have 900 degrees of rotation and id like to be able to use most of it, just for the games sake make it turn a bit more.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BaRnS0
    Depends on where you set the wheel lock for your setup. Also the drivers have a specific steering box for their setup. Some drivers like to really crank the wheel and some like to hardly turn the wheel. As far as 900 degrees rotation, I have a Fanatec wheel that rotates 900 degrees. But I set the wheel way lower than that so I'm not having to crank the wheel all the way around.
    I see what your saying, but the less you have to crank the wheel around the better you will be. Especially at road courses.
    Just my opinion.

Gamer IDs

Yeah but unless im using PC software for nr2003 i dont think i can adjust degrees of rotation i like to really crank the wheel because i dont particularly like turning a little bit, i dont know why i just do. But id like to be able to race with at least one full turn of active steering.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BaRnS0
    Quote Originally Posted by KidRocket#9 View Post
    Yeah but unless im using PC software for nr2003 i dont think i can adjust degrees of rotation i like to really crank the wheel because i dont particularly like turning a little bit, i dont know why i just do. But id like to be able to race with at least one full turn of active steering.
    The best luck you will have is probably adjusting the wheel lock in the car setup. In 09' the lower the wheel lock the more you could turn the wheel. But you have to pay attention to it, To low and you use up your Front tires depending on your setup. Thats the only way I think you will get the most rotation out of your wheel in 09'.

I do know they we're using the G27 on NTG 2011 in one of the videos, but if you watch, he doesn't have to crank the wheel a full turn either. I believe the 900 degree's of rotation are supported in NTG 2011 and it will allow you to get what you want or closer that is.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    Adjust the steering trim & steering lock. Don't remember if N09 has steering ratio but if it does play around with that too.

Most setups now-a-days are to where you only really need to use about 100 degrees of rotation during the actual race, 90 to the left & 10 to the right and even that is a lot to the left. Obviously you can turn more but it's gonna send ya into the infield or outside wall. Remember it's not a 1934 semi-truck that they're driving with huge deadzone, for the most part the steering input in these cars anymore is pretty close to that of Indy/F1 cars which is very little.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: thal30
    I have a DFGT and I don't want all the wheel turn. The more I gotta turn it the more work I gotta do. In a real stock car they don't really turn the wheel to far in the corners. Probably a little past 90 degrees.

Can someone link the video of them using the wheel with NTG 2011

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rob929rr
    [QUOTE=Fisha695;62241]Adjust the steering trim & steering lock. Don't remember if N09 has steering ratio but if it does play around with that too.

Just lock and trim.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Keith_35
    Quote Originally Posted by thal View Post
    I have a DFGT and I don't want all the wheel turn. The more I gotta turn it the more work I gotta do. In a real stock car they don't really turn the wheel to far in the corners. Probably a little past 90 degrees.

That's the wheel I just retired my Momo for. I agree.... I don't want all that rotation either, but as someone said earlier, it would be helpful on the road courses.
    My dad used to race a 67 GTO, my mother raced a 69 Charger..... What can I say, Speed is in my blood!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SparksCS24 Steam ID: SparksCS
    Quote Originally Posted by thal View Post

You can see how much he is turning the wheel, and it looks like he's in the middle of the corner.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: carl2448
    maybe late exit.. but yeah i noticed in every street car i see inside ive noticed they do alot of degrees in one turn. but this is stockcars. i also noticed that in the nascar section of gt5 in daytona they barely touch the steering wheel. i dunno if its just a game glich or what
    EA Sports Its In The Game.... unless its NASCAR, then its most likely ignored and never put in.

Join the NRSA league today to race in NTG2011 for PS3
    www.nsra.webs.com

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha0ne View Post

You can see how much he is turning the wheel, and it looks like he's in the middle of the corner.
    It's kinda hard to tell but I don't think it's turned that much, maybe about 45degrees left of center, his grip in the wheel is the traditional "10 & 2" (well almost 9 & 3) and it looks like he's turned from 2/3 center to 12/1.

Watch this video about 3:09 in and you'll see that they don't really turn that much.

Here is another one that is a good angle of just how little they turn.

Remember you want to have the quickest steering possible without being so quick that it's "glitchy", especially on Road Courses where you have to turn left then right really fast.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)