Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CS-HUNGER24

Help with car setups

I understand just about everything on how to setup a car (in NASCAR 09), I read the whole page on RaceLineCentral.com explaining how to setup the car and what everything does, but I still can't seem to make good setups.

I would appreciate if someone could offer some advice for me. I know what to do if the car isn't handling right, but no matter what I do, my "completed" setup is still not that good.

I heard a while ago that you should start with the gears when making a setup and build the setup around the gears........is this true? Should I be doing that?

I want to get really good at making my own setups but they just don't seem to ever come out good.
    The Drive for 5 is still alive! Drive to End Hunger|DuPont|Pepsi Max

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SparksCS24 Steam ID: SparksCS
    Learn to drive the track first before you make a setup.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Tha0ne View Post
    Learn to drive the track first before you make a setup.
    I have. I am a very good driver. Probably one of the best on the PS3 if you ask some PS3 users. But I haven't made many of my own setups, and the ones that I have made they're just not as good as other people's.

I think I know what it is though:
    NASCAR 09 was unrealistic with the setups. People could put their springs down so the car would drag all the way through the corner and somehow that made them fast without upsetting the car. I hope Eutechnys gets this right, because it seems like that's where my problem is with making my setups.

I would have never thought to put the springs all the way down like that - but other people did and it worked (totally unrealistic).

I think that's where my problem is. I don't even think of those kinds of things. Hopefully when NTG11 comes out it will be realistic.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BaRnS0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElculver2424 View Post
    I have. I am a very good driver. Probably one of the best on the PS3 if you ask some PS3 users. But I haven't made many of my own setups, and the ones that I have made they're just not as good as other people's.

NASCAR 09 was unrealistic with the setups. People could put their springs down so the car would drag all the way through the corner and somehow that made them fast without upsetting the car. I hope Eutechnys gets this right, because it seems like that's where my problem is with making my setups.

I would have never thought to put the springs all the way down like that - but other people did and it worked (totally unrealistic).

I think that's where my problem is. I don't even think of those kinds of things. Hopefully when NTG11 comes out it will be realistic.

Yes, Nascar 09 was so unrealistic that it wasn't even funny. The race line central stuff did and does work, but with 09 you had to take your adjustments to the extreme to be fast. (stupid I know) As long as NTG 2011 physics work the way they say and hopefully they added all the mandated setup rules of nascar (or atleast most of them) then it shouldn't be that big of a problem as 09 to setup our cars.
    There will probably be a few hiccups, but that is expected on their first try at this. (unlike EA who had multiple years and made it worse and worse in my mind)

added -
    In all reality, you want to run as soft a spring package as possible. But EA's 09 was so far off it wasn't even fun to setup your cars.
    Last edited by barns; 01-12-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: added

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPaganx PSN ID: xexo_xexo
    Quote Originally Posted by MrElculver2424 View Post

When you get NGT11 make sure to make one adjustment at a time and write it down ONE AT A TIME then test write it down on a piece of paper then move on if it works, also print out some setup tutorials to

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SparksCS24 Steam ID: SparksCS
    1. You race online? If so, use steering help
    2. Learn the Nascar 09 way of setups, lol

Gamer IDs

Thanks everyone. It definitely was the unrealism of NASCAR 09 that stumped me.

It doesn't have anything to do with my driving or knowledge - I am one of the best drivers on the PS3 and I know what gameplay settings to use. Hopefully NTG11 will be realistic so I can make my own setups.

dude ,never heard of u ..how can u be one of the best on ps3... tenbendher ,,said that !!!

what did u say your name was,,,drawing a blank here,,help me out ...oh yeah mr.????

u wot m8?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L33T Pilot PSN ID: L33TPilot Steam ID: 1337Pilot
    If you are one of the best, how comes you're asking for setup help? Either way, the setups are really different for each person, some like very unrealistic ones, I was watching this video, guys turning in a corner with 190mph sparks coming all over the place and they make setups so they never have to let off the gas, which is utter fail way they play the game.
    Last edited by Pilot; 23-12-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Keyees XFIRE ID: Keyees
    Nascar 09 is the biggest garbage in the world. I swear the physics engine was made by a bunch of high school kids in a video game design class in North Korea.

i'm not saying the game is perfect by no meens, but you gotta do whatcha gotta do to be fast, right ?? or are you one of the guy'z who says "i'm not fast because the sparks ain't kool"

obviously you can't drive there buddy,,go play forenza then,,you 're just mad because you are not fast either.
    Last edited by tenbendher; 24-12-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Keyees XFIRE ID: Keyees
    Nascar 09 is no good for someone looking for a sim nascar game. If you are looking to play a racing arcade game fine. but as far as realism it screws people that try to play it as a sim. Taking the wedge all the way down always gives you an extra .300 of a second i nearly every track. Thats dumb

not on my setups,,,maybe rookie ,, or wait,,,,,,,,,,,wait for it?????