Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Killzone729 PSN ID: Killzone729

Question Wrecks (Driver and AI) and Superspeedways

While I am new to posting here I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I was searching but could not seem to find any good information about the wrecks in the game. I am a big fan of good crashes with the racing... To me why race if some spectacular wreck is not even possible?

First off I want to know how easy it is to spin another car... Especially with a quarter panel hit. The trailer we have seen shows a wreck at Dover because of this exact contact. While the wreck was beautiful I hope the game play will be very similar. I do not want every contact to warrant a wreck but if I bump someone hard enough they really should go around and perhaps collect myself...

AI wrecks are things that always scare me because they can make or brake racing games for me. The ONLY games I can seem to play consistently that make me feel like the AI are human(ish) are games like Grid or Dirt 2 by Codemasters. Now I have heard the Devs seem to gloat about their wreck system which makes me happy... But I want to see it for myself. Will they spin, flip and smash realistically? How well are the AI programmed in dodging or slowing down in the back of the pack to avoid the wreck? Will they actually interact with each other realistically? As many people use EA as an example for old games, I hope to god the AI will not go from 180 mph down to 40 in 3 seconds because of a spinning car. All these things I pray will be correct in the game.

One last thing is racing at my favorite tracks which are the Super Speedways. Especially Talladega. I hope that 3 wide racing will be prevalent and often seen. This is something that is NEVER done right... We can only hope. I also was wondering about bump drafting actually sending AI forward rather then slowing back down immediately (again something from EA). Or the hooking up mechanism seen a lot on the large tracks. While I do not believe this will all be answered I really do hope some light can be shed on these aspects of NTG. While I am already 98% sure I will be getting it I want it to be worth my money.

While I feel I am forgetting something that I will remember later I would also like to say I agree with some of the other posts about longer control of the cars after the yellow is waved. (10-15 possibly 20 seconds would be lovely ) What's the point in awesome wrecks if I don't get a shot at avoiding 'em!?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NeedleNutzz09
    Those things are some things that I absolutely hated about EA Sports games. Bump drafting is not really portrayed at all in NASCAR 08 or 09 I have them for the 360, and there are soooo many glitches and bugs when it comes to the big wrecks like drivers actually going underneath the track and going up in the air and bouncing up and down airbourne. The cautions are another thing to like having a big wreck then in the middle everything resets, I hope Eutechnyx lets us finish the wrecks completely b4 they reset everything. Also the AI drivers need to bump draft each other and wreck each other instead of the player just doing it all and also show some retaliation against one another would be very awesome. Another thing the drivers should go 3 and 4 and even 5 wide sometimes make them take chances especially during the green white checkers.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

I am very pleased to see that others share some of my views on that the game should be portrayed as realistic as possible as far as wrecks and driving goes, especially with the AI. I am pretty sure at the end of races the AI get more aggressive and take more risks... I read that in an earlier post.

Fan
    I was just playing Nascar 09 yesterday on my PS3 and tried to see how many cars I can wreck in the shortest race mode starting last. It was hard to wreck cars, I had to get to their left quarter panel to spin cars out. I tried other ways like ram the cars into the corner and their car wiggles but wont spin out. Hoping for the best for crashing out other nascar 2011 and wonder what happens to disabled cars on track, hope they drive away to the garage or something instead of disappearing..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hammer81tn PSN ID: hammer81tn Steam ID: hammer26tn
    Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Those things are some things that I absolutely hated about EA Sports games. Bump drafting is not really portrayed at all in NASCAR 08 or 09 I have them for the 360, and there are soooo many glitches and bugs when it comes to the big wrecks like drivers actually going underneath the track and going up in the air and bouncing up and down airbourne. The cautions are another thing to like having a big wreck then in the middle everything resets, I hope Eutechnyx lets us finish the wrecks completely b4 they reset everything. Also the AI drivers need to bump draft each other and wreck each other instead of the player just doing it all and also show some retaliation against one another would be very awesome. Another thing the drivers should go 3 and 4 and even 5 wide sometimes make them take chances especially during the green white checkers.
    Well, according to the devs themselves, the AI will interact with each other and you, in respect to what is going on around them. They will bump draft, and make their own strategies through the course of the race, even upping the ante in the waning laps of the race, fighting for every position they possibly can. They can cause crashes because of these added risks trying to gain positions. We will be in for a treat

I hope when you get into other cars you're more than likely going to wreck them, that is on of the things that keeps bringing me back to Dirt to Daytona. I have so much fun wrecking big packs of cars with alot of realism.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheDirtyCookie PSN ID: kingSniper3 Steam ID: ILoveWomen15
    I hope the AI reacts with each other, like say I'm Dale Jr., then Matt and Tony start getting into it.
    R.I.P. Charles 'Chuck' Herman Crouch
    We love you Kudzo.
    August 24, 1962- March 4, 2011

Gamer IDs

Another thing that has been in every single EA Sports NASCAR game that i don't think anybody has mentioned is the fact that if you spin off of turn 4 and your spinning into pit road your car automatically resets and goes through pit road with the pitting options it always pissed me off when that happened and EA had plenty of oppurtunities to fix this because it was all the EA sports NASCAR games please fix this Activision/Eutechnyx

Gamer IDs

Another thing that has been in every single EA Sports NASCAR game that i don't think anybody has mentioned is the fact that if you spin off of turn 4 and your spinning into pit road your car automatically resets and goes through pit road with the pitting options it always pissed me off when that happened and EA had plenty of oppurtunities to fix this because it was all the EA sports NASCAR games please fix this Activision/Eutechnyx
    ON the other side of that coin, in NR2003, if you spin off of four and slide onto pit road, you get black flagged for speeding. You would think there was a way to determine if the car was heading down pit road on purpose or from a spin and just slid that way. Some drivers in real life have used pit lane to keep from having to drive through the grass and damage their cars in the event of a wreck in front of them. I think the only way they don't get penalized is if they continued to slow down while traveling down the lane, provided they had control of their cars at the time

Gamer IDs

Another thing that bothered me about EA sports games, is that when you would select a night race you would also practice and qualify during the nightime. In real life they always do qualifying and practice during the day so please fix this problem.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sdrawkcab45
    In real life they always do qualifying and practice during the day so please fix this problem.
    They don't always practice and qualify during the day...I think they practiced and/or qualified at night for Daytona, Texas, and possibly 1 other track this past year.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CarbonfiberYeti
    Will we have the old Daytona surface before the update described in Podcast #2 to start with? Will we be able to swich between old and new pavement?!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonfiberYeti View Post
    Will we have the old Daytona surface before the update described in Podcast #2 to start with? Will we be able to swich between old and new pavement?!
    Old surface ships with the game. New surface will come in the form of DLC later. As per the devs

Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 2093 2000 0609 7585
    Quote Originally Posted by Killzone729 View Post
    While I am new to posting here I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now. I was searching but could not seem to find any good information about the wrecks in the game. I am a big fan of good crashes with the racing... To me why race if some spectacular wreck is not even possible?

First off I want to know how easy it is to spin another car... Especially with a quarter panel hit. The trailer we have seen shows a wreck at Dover because of this exact contact. While the wreck was beautiful I hope the game play will be very similar. I do not want every contact to warrant a wreck but if I bump someone hard enough they really should go around and perhaps collect myself...

AI wrecks are things that always scare me because they can make or brake racing games for me. The ONLY games I can seem to play consistently that make me feel like the AI are human(ish) are games like Grid or Dirt 2 by Codemasters. Now I have heard the Devs seem to gloat about their wreck system which makes me happy... But I want to see it for myself. Will they spin, flip and smash realistically? How well are the AI programmed in dodging or slowing down in the back of the pack to avoid the wreck? Will they actually interact with each other realistically? As many people use EA as an example for old games, I hope to god the AI will not go from 180 mph down to 40 in 3 seconds because of a spinning car. All these things I pray will be correct in the game.

One last thing is racing at my favorite tracks which are the Super Speedways. Especially Talladega. I hope that 3 wide racing will be prevalent and often seen. This is something that is NEVER done right... We can only hope. I also was wondering about bump drafting actually sending AI forward rather then slowing back down immediately (again something from EA). Or the hooking up mechanism seen a lot on the large tracks. While I do not believe this will all be answered I really do hope some light can be shed on these aspects of NTG. While I am already 98% sure I will be getting it I want it to be worth my money.

While I feel I am forgetting something that I will remember later I would also like to say I agree with some of the other posts about longer control of the cars after the yellow is waved. (10-15 possibly 20 seconds would be lovely ) What's the point in awesome wrecks if I don't get a shot at avoiding 'em!?
    So let me guess your not a true Nascar fan since you just want to see wrecks and spin people out. well if you want to do that then you can just drive around town and hit everyone and everything in your path. you got that?

Gamer IDs

And this is one thing that I absolutley hate. people just watching Nascar for the big wrecks and making fun of the drivers!!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SC_45 View Post
    They don't always practice and qualify during the day...I think they practiced and/or qualified at night for Daytona, Texas, and possibly 1 other track this past year.
    They may have practiced at night but they always have qualifying during the day

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Nascar fan 88 View Post
    So let me guess your not a true Nascar fan since you just want to see wrecks and spin people out. well if you want to do that then you can just drive around town and hit everyone and everything in your path. you got that?
    Really guy? You obviously didn't read the post or just have troll issues... I want the wrecks to be realistic and fun to watch just like on Tv. "I do not want every contact to warrant a wreck but if I bump someone hard enough they really should go around and perhaps collect myself..." Did you not read this? Cause it doesn't sound like I want to wreck everyone all the time with that statement.

If I want to only wreck into people I will go play a Demolition Derby game. I have watched NASCAR on and off for many years and you can not tell me that if there were NO wrecks at all it would be as much of an exciting sport as it is now. If you don't like car crashes then you are clearly not a racing fan in general...

Quote Originally Posted by Killzone729 View Post
    Really guy? You obviously didn't read the post or just have troll issues... I want the wrecks to be realistic and fun to watch just like on Tv. "I do not want every contact to warrant a wreck but if I bump someone hard enough they really should go around and perhaps collect myself..." Did you not read this? Cause it doesn't sound like I want to wreck everyone all the time with that statement.

If I want to only wreck into people I will go play a Demolition Derby game. I have watched NASCAR on and off for many years and you can not tell me that if there were NO wrecks at all it would be as much of an exciting sport as it is now. If you don't like car crashes then you are clearly not a racing fan in general...
    disagree soo much...wrecks are cool..but if its a good race without a single wreck..well i dont care..i watch nascar, as well as everyone else here probably, for the racing, and not the crashes

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sdrawkcab45
    They may have practiced at night but they always have qualifying during the day

http://www.jayski.com/pages/2010cup_sched.htm
    Go to the bottom of the page..they qualified at night for a few races this year

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: killer359193
    Also in the ea games the pit road speed was 70 every time (at least for ps2 i dont know about the other games) and the AI always blocked, never just let you by and stuff, even down the straightaway, the restrictor plates in the ea games suck, and completely do away with the villian/ally stuff it is annoying when a car randomly turns left and slams into you, ruining your race. also that makes it to where you can't bump draft. the drafting was completely unreal, because even at bristol and martinsville drafting helps you out a lot. hope they fix all the problems I mentioned and all the problems I have seen mentioned

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: dlw-niko
    i asked the same question as in AI crashing within the actual race and doing it without any help from the player. it makes the race way more realistic. its deff a needed part of a game. and a race without any crashes is boring except daytona and talladega. most people agree. ive been a nascar fan for as long as ive been alive.

I have started the group JUNIOR-88-NATION for all of the junior fans feel free to join and check it out! thanks

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: A7X SWAN DIVE
    Great quetions.I jut picked up the new Gran Turismo and have been racing at Daytona,the AI are great as far as 3 wide racing because they will go 3 and 4 wide by themselves but if you try to wreck them it is nearly impossible.And i would hate to see that happen in this game.I like being able to go into the career and have competitive AI. I also like to race hard with them which you obviously can't do in EA's horrible games. Also i think it is wierd how the Ai driver never seem to wreck each other.
    SMOKE #14

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xPaganx PSN ID: xexo_xexo
    hmmmm, I wouldn't watch nascar if there wasn't a wreck or two in there it adds excitement. Your obviously a boring person if you think watching 2 cars lead the field for 500 laps is fun wrecks=restarts

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: LunarVelocity Steam ID: LunarVelocity
    NASCAR Thunder 2003 had a system where you had to really push hard to wreck somebody I hope its not in this game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast