Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
    Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Kyle Kool Aid PSN ID: Kylekoolaid

Setups For NTG '11

To a member of the Forum Board, How close are the setups between NASCAR '09 and NASCAR The Game '11? Is it possible to "Plug-In" your setup from 09 to 11 and have the car run descent? Or is there a huge difference between the two games. Yes I know that they are made by two totally separate companies. Thanks.

I guess it depends how real their physics were. Our engine is very good so, who knows. In principal, the concept of your set up should be similar.
    Dave T.
    Eutechnyx Dev. Team

Want to ask me a question, then follow me on Twitter: @DaveT_ETX

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BabaGahNush Steam ID: BabaGahNush
    Quote Originally Posted by davet View Post
    I guess it depends how real their physics were. Our engine is very good so, who knows. In principal, the concept of your set up should be similar.
    Their engine was not realistic at all. Hopefully none of those setups work with your game because some of the things guys did to make their car go fast were absolutely unrealistic such as putting all your springs and shocks to their lowest levels so that the car was dragging all the way thru the turns. Somehow that made you fast without upsetting the car. Totally unrealistic.
    League General Manager
    The RCRL Motorsport Simulations
    Check us out @ TheRCRL.com

Im willing to bet most people's idea of a good setup will not work at all in NTG11. In some regards BabaGahNush thats kind of the trick in real life too. Getting the car down to where the splitter almost touches in the corners or touches lightly and having the car ride the bump stops. You are right that will mess up the car if you are wrong in real life. I think there will be a much bigger effort to get a car to be good on entrance because without their precious steering help the cars will be pushing up the hill. People will probably complain that the speed push/tightness/understeer isnt realistic hahaha. And they really wont like that it gets worse as you keep going in lap #'s. I think the aero will be locked like it is in real life. So everyone will be screaming why cant i put my spoiler down to 55°, and why cant i make my front splitter length shorter. I am curious about how making the rear ride height/trackbar height at certain tracks will help get more air on the spoiler as well as the wedge or cross weight of the car. I know the CFD/Aero is one of the hardest aspects to model physically in the simulation. I personally am curious about the shark fins on the rear of the car, and whether the length of the fin will be variable or even there at all. Locking the gear ratio's or making only two available like at some tracks will be nice to level the playing field as well. Just my two cents. I think I will like it. My background makes it nice to understand the way setup changes affect the car.
    Last edited by joshycoff; 25-10-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FULKROD_RCN_53
    never heard of lowering all the springs, really dumb, well it will be a starter point for NTG11 setups , u gotta start somewere , but i really wanna no how far can you go on setup, cuz i run a 280 @ SS tracks, which is really past what is used in NASCAR , can i still use my 280 or is it finally gonna go by rules of NASCAR
    "Because he believes that the PS3 is a god send that is better than even a super computer and wants somebody to bow down to him so he can gloat he's god's right hand man for defending the PS3..."

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FULKROD_RCN_53
    i mean u can do a coil bind setup but for me i hate i love my car loose even at SS tracks, i run on RR trackbar a 15 , & 10.25 on left & 48 % wedge with a controller
    "Because he believes that the PS3 is a god send that is better than even a super computer and wants somebody to bow down to him so he can gloat he's god's right hand man for defending the PS3..."

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: depotsmoke14
    a tutorial or a help guide next to everything would be nice too
    If your not on the gas I'll be on your a@#
    gettin' to Texarkana and back in 28 hours, that's no problem.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PennStateFan48 PSN ID: NASCAR_RACER_48
    Hopefully The setups for the EA games won't work at all because this game will be so much better than all of EA's games combined!!!
    Don't hate on Jimmie because your driver can't keep up!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BaRnS0
    EA's was far from realistic!!

There needs to be limits like real nascar setups. This would help cure a lot.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xkurtx28 PSN ID: Xbox_is_better_ps3_sucks
    I would like to see you guys or someone release a diagram of what certain changes on the setup do to the car. Not all of us are engine brains haha. I can say Im not clueless but Im no expert, im the in between haha

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ROUSCHFUSION
    It will be a learning curb for all of us, some will figure out faster than the others

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Racer10x
    I hope none of the setups from EAs games worked they were so unrealistic hopefully they set up just like the real racecars do with limitations on certain things such as gear and all that because i kinda sorta have an advantage there lol

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: rob929rr
    They seemed pretty realistic to me although I only race online and you have to remember most everyone online are setting their cars up for short races rather than a real life 100% race. That said, I kind of hope they are pretty close. I know it took me a long time just to get my cars set up for all the different tracks I ran. I would like to just be able to reference my previous setup and load it into the new game.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

I'm sure if I tried to use my setups for anything over 50 - 100%, then yes, my setup would not be realistic and would fall behind or DNF.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SterlingMarlin
    EASports is a JOKE!!! I was messing around with my 11 year old brother the other day with NASCAR 09 (He loves it not me) and I blew a tire and still ran 4 laps after at 190 MPH around Atlanta with 3 tires and didn't spin and still won the race. Figure that one out...

Kasey Kahne Farmers Insurance Quaker State
    Sterling Marlin
    Kodak Coors Light Target Wii Fit Miccosukee
    Back 2 Back Daytona 500 Champion 1994, 1995. 1983 NASCAR Rookie of the Year.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marlinrulez View Post
    EASports is a JOKE!!! I was messing around with my 11 year old brother the other day with NASCAR 09 (He loves it not me) and I blew a tire and still ran 4 laps after at 190 MPH around Atlanta with 3 tires and didn't spin and still won the race. Figure that one out...
    I'm guessing that since your little brother was the one playing and you didnt spin, you had all the assist on. The fact that you beat an 11 year old kid with 3 tires and full assist doesn't give you bragging rights nor does it prove EA is a joke. I'm not thrilled with EA, but the game overall wasn't that bad. I run Atlanta online all the time and if i just have a tire worn down, the car will spin (steering assist only). As far as speeds, the top speed at Atlanta is around 206 entering the turn. If you want to run the big boys, all you have to do is get online. I promise the experience won't be the same as with the little bro.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: macfreak1966
    Here's a very comprehensive setup guide:

http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html
    O Lord, help me to be pure. But not yet...