Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Spotter
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: GTP_Hun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
    What if GT5 had every car ever made; would you never buy another racing game?
    Exactly. Bob, I am no NASCAR fan, I hardly know anything about NASCAR but I know a thing or two about racing and racing games. And I just have one thing to ask. Make it REAL, make it IMMERSIVE, make it OFFLINE REPLAYABLE and make it ONLINE PERFECT.

Ok, that was 4 things.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Firedshot
    Here here Hun
    The Racing Elite, The only place to Race!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BaRnS0
    I look at it this way, GT5 is PS3 and not all the gamers on xbox live have a PS3 to play GT5. Now I for one, a Nascar gamer for the most part, just want a Nascar game that focuses on Nascar.

Forza3 added Stock cars with no Nascar tracks. It sucked in my opinion for true stock car racing! Although, I thought Forza3 was a good game, just not for stock car racing like Nascar. (but it wasn't meant to be like Nascar either)

I just want a great Nascar game from a company that is going to be just as dedicated to there Nascar game as they are with their top games of the company.

GT5 doesn't have to be the only driving game you own, a Good driving game is a good driving game, if it's fun I'll play it, even GT5 will get old & you'll still have other good games to play.

well you need to know what exactly GT5 is putting out in order to start scare mongering!! As has been said GT5 is PS3 exclusive and also only has a few licensed cars and tracks. Watch any trailer or read any GT5 thread and you'll see that the community are slightly miffed at only a few.... But still it is only a few licensed cars. There is no exclusive Nascar license anymore. Forza 3 also has a few Nascar cars and I don't think at the detriment of any future planned Nascar games...

Now not knowing Eutechynx or familiar with their work, I for one am looking forward to a Nascar title announcment and a region free game for us all to play. I had to buy a Region 1 Xbox just to play against people online!!! Anyway hi from me
    Last edited by The Real Republic; 16-09-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Firedshot
    Perosnaly i'll be any racing sim that comes out and decide if it's a good game or not for myself. So far Eutechnyx has been the only devolper that has created a game where i feel like i'm driving a supercar and if i don't treat it with respect then i'm going to get biten. So with this in mind while i'm really looking forward to GT5 i feel GT5 has got to prove to me that it's a game that makes me feel like i'm racing not driving.

So any game these guys make i shall buy because i'm confedent i'm getting a racing game.
    The Racing Elite, The only place to Race!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695
    I look at it this way, the GT games have never been "Racing" games, they've always been wonderful Virtual Trackday games, and GT5 looks the same way. And I'm not saying that as a bad thing, one thing I love about the GT franchise is that In career I'm not tied down to one type of car on a certain set of tracks, if I wanna rally I take out my rally car if I wanna race 1980s Jcars I can.

I never said that GT5 it's the only sim to play with : after all I'm in this forum cause I like FC and SCC . Simply I doubt that a Nascar product could grab public attention ,especially with such another big competitor in this field.It'll have a niche audience, and narrower than his predecessors.
    Last edited by Miss Piggy; 17-09-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Piggy View Post
    I never said that GT5 it's the only sim to play with : after all I'm in this forum cause I like FC and SCC . Simply I doubt that a Nascar product could grab public attention ,especially with such another big competitor in this field.It'll have a niche audience, and narrower than his predecessors.

I honestly disagree. And I tell you why. Nascar needs specfic attention to detail in key areas that a jack-of-all trades doesn't particularly offer. Like Forza 3 has Nascar and a couple of ovals and it in no way shape or form feels like Nascar.

PES is a football game as is Fifa, and that pretty much says that lol

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Piggy View Post
    especially with such another big competitor in this field
    What other big competitor?
    F1 2010 = 9/21/2010
    SBK X = 10/5/2010
    GT5 = 11/2/2010
    Monster Jam 3 = 11/9/2010
    NFS:HP = 11/16/2010
    TDU:2 = 1/15/2011

Then there is a big gap til Twisted Metal comes out on 3/1/2011 and I wouldn't really count that game as a possible "competitor". This NASCAR game is rumored to come out around Daytona which means anytime between 2/1 & 2/20 2011. And as games usually (well here in the US) come out on Tuesday that means it's likely to come out the 1st, 8th, 15th or 22nd. That's 3 months after GT5 & if it comes out the 15th that's a month after TDU:2.

I will say this though it'll face some stiff competition from a few other games.
    Dead Space 2 Limited Edition
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Max Payne 3
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon
    La Noire
    Killzone 3
    BulletStorm

Those are all games coming out during February and while the core audience may not be the same, it's the shelf space/placement you have to worry about. I have a feeling that a few of those games will end up with 2 display rows while the NASCAR game will be relinquished to the bottom corner in the shadows.

What I really hope though is that since my PS3 died last week and I probably won't get around to getting another one till around the time the NASCAR game is coming out, that maybe Eutechnyx or Activision (whose-ever job it is) gets together with Sony & NASCAR to get some kind of bundle. Either a custom painted/graphic PS3 or maybe it'd have 12 graphics that you can apply to your PS3 based on the chase drivers this season along with a custom NASCAR branded controller.

Quote Originally Posted by gudio34 View Post
    forums.eutechnyx.com/forums/126-NASCAR-The-Game-2011 Look at the link were not allowed to access. Ending in 2010 doesn't work either we are not authorized
    Google cache to the rescue: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a

Is that background a modified real-life photo or is it a modified in-game replay ?
    Last edited by Derek Trotter; 18-09-2010 at 08:24 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: con100 PSN ID: cjo1992
    Looks like a real life photo.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by con100 View Post
    Looks like a real life photo.
    Remember the TNT NASCAR intro for this year and how it had a shot of Jamies car in the video that looked like a video game.... I wonder if that background and the shot of Jamies car in that video could both be game shots.

Gamer IDs

No I don't think I've seen it before.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by con100 View Post
    No I don't think I've seen it before.
    Click on the Thumnail for bigger.

That definitely appears to be from some video game and it's not NASCAR 09. Could it have been an early development model from this game? I mean it could be GT5 or iRacing or even nr03/rFactor, but IDK.

I mean it seems kinda weird that they would use only one shot from a video game though... but when the intro first debuted over the summer there were hundreds of people in the Sim Racing community who all said the same basic thing... "That #1 car there looks like it's from a game".

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N0Fear88
    Fisha i watched the video on youtube and it does kind of look like a videogame but I don't think that it actually is. I think it's just the lighting that TNT used for that clip.

thats a real photo...

This is great!!! Since I seen other people posting their wish list I need to add mine. I hope the cpu drivers don't all race the same, I want to see them race hard when things get down to the wire. I don't want to be the only one to bring out the yellow; I noticed in NASCAR09 and 08 every cpu was about the same rarely had collisions. When the yellow does come out I don't want the computer to take control of my car so quickly, if the wreck is in front of me I want to be able to try to get around it. Also in NASCAR 08 & 09 the slightest damage to the engine and your day was done!! That needs to be fixed. I want pitstops to be more realistic, I want to control my speed and pull into my pit box on pit road. I also think during the pitstop certain buttons on your controller should scroll across the screen and if you hit them at the right moment it will help you with a faster pitstop, if you mess up you will have a slower pitstop. Now onto tires, 90% of the time a yellow come out those boys are getting four fresh tires and fuel it needs to be that way in the game. In previous games those cars only pit when they needed fuel which is totally not the case. I want to see blown tires from tire rub with other cars, I want to see tires blow out at random mix it up!! Finally I want to be able to drive the car into the garage area to make adjustments and further repair the car if my car has serious damage. well I rambled on to much but I love NASCAR and love video games so this all has me worked up. If you can think of other stuff you want please I want to see some more creative things that they should put into this game.

http://www.virtualr.net/

About a month ago, I published a first story about a new NASCAR title from Eutechnyx to be released for the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.

And while official info on the upcoming title is still next to non-existent, first logo art and a feature list have surfaced.

Features:
    - In-depth career mode
    - 43 car grid
    - Revolutionary damage model
    - Roll overs and blow overs
    - Extensive car set-up options
    - Pit-stops
    - Full motion captured pit crew and driver
    - Tyre wear
    - Tyre pressure/temperature which affects performance
    - Tyre blow outs
    - Brake wear
    - Multiple car manufacturers
    - Doug Rice and Mark Garrow doing commentary/post race analysis

Even though such feature announcements should always be taken with a grain of salt, it sounds like a proper stock car racing title is coming up here. NASCAR – The Game 2011 will be out in February 2011, no in-game previews of any kind are available yet.
    43 cars? Wow!

How's that going to play when FC and SCC had frame drops with 16 cars?
    Last edited by Derek Trotter; 22-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Trotter View Post

43 cars? Wow!

EA did it with there NASCAR games and the frame rate was pretty good. So Eutechnyx shouldn't have an issue.

Paint Booth Guru

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bruno72
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Trotter View Post

43 cars? Wow!

i am under NDA, but i can say this word "Wow" even with 43 cars ;o)

Victory Lane celebrations and realistic weather changes (sun/clouds) which affect the handling of your race car would be neat. I also like the F1 2010 feature of dealing with your fans and media every race. Also would be cool to have a more realistic career mode than EA...i want to sign a multi-year contract with HMS, not race for 12 races then have to change teams.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darth Mikey D
    I have to add my 2 cents on what I would like to see included in the game. I agree with what was posted above about allowing easier setups for online play. I enjoy playing Nascar 09, but suck at doing the setups, so want to see something simpler for those of us who just want to race without having to take hours to learn the setups.

Also, one thing I would like to see for the single player mode is the calendar like what they have in Nascar 06. The only thing I don't like with the calendar is that if there were 2 events at the same track on the same day, you had to choose just one to run. If both events are at the same track, we should be able to run both races. I also like how we would start in the modified series, and have to work our way up to the different series. You run a modified, then get to try to get a truck series ride, and so forth. I would love to see the calendar in the new game.

Just my 2 cents

Darth Mikey D

I also didn't like the drafting in NASCAR 09...I mean honestly...how often do you see a guy suck up on somebody at over 20 mph faster than the rest of the field at Atlanta, etc...make the drafting realistic and add bump drafting. Also hated Nascar 09 for the simple fact of the field running double file the entire race...give me a break. Also, for those of us who do not play online, make it fun for us too.

Gamer IDs

So "if" you guys were to do a NASCAR game is it going to be developed out of your Pittsburgh studio?

By the way I just noticed y'all got a Pittsburgh studio, that's cool it's like a few hours drive across the state from me (I'm over in the Pocono's, about 15-20minutes southwest of Pocono Speedway).

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast