Timetrial times should only be valid with penalties on

I know that the time-tables are messed up by several bugs at the moment, but since we all hope that those bugs will be sorted out as soon as possible, i think this needs also discussion:

I think, that times should be only valid for timetables when they were done in a race or timetrial where penalties are active and only if the person haven't got a penalty in the timed lap. Otherwise you'll see only times in the tops that where done by using each and every shortcut one can think of and timetables shows nothing but the greatest exploiters although they should mirror the skill of the drivers.

Even better would be a system that invalidates the current time as soon as one leaves the track in any way but probably this is way more work for very little benefit except making sure that only clean laps are valid for the rankings.

I know, i know, ACR should give each player the possibility to be a great racer, independant from the skilllevel, but this is something mostly real racing-nuts do care and trying to beat your laptimes again and again is nothing a casual gamer will usually see as fun, so this is a small step for ACR, but a huge step for the racing-nuts

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: trukr
    Sounds good to me, I was not aware you COULD, but I never tried. Must keep at least two wheels on track?

I haven't thought about that as well because i always try to stay on track, but a video in the video-topic showed a WR on Spa where the tarmac outside of the curbs in Blanchimont was heavily used (almost until the walls are coming which is around 1.5 of a normal trackwidth outside the track).

Keeping two wheels on track is the most common definition that works mostly fine.