Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red face Best thing to do with 100E ???

While I wait for the end of ACReXEPack.zip download (currently at 322% progress ) i just created a facebook account to like the ACR and earn my 100E...

but I realized I cant buy any car with it... so, what should I do?? Maybe I´ll just keep it and wait for another opportunity to get more Es...

any suggestion guys?

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: GTP_ARP93
    I'm gonna save it as well. I don't think I can do much with them at the moment but maybe later they'll be good for a car.

Just hold on to it. It's almost certainly not the last time they will give the opportunity to earn some free points. Bucks. Whateveryoucallit.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Techtrip Steam ID: Techtrip
    Yeah I had the same thought. I went into the styling suite and really you can only buy maybe a couple of 50 e-buck paints, not sure if there is a set of rims for 100 E-bucks, but either way there is not a lot you can get with it. I am also holding on to the E-bucks for the moment.

i have 110 ebux and need 115 for mini 5 e bux ftl !

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: trukr
    Quote Originally Posted by dgeesi0 View Post
    i have 110 ebux and need 115 for mini 5 e bux ftl !
    I have 5, but I can't give them to you, sorry. Not planning on doing the face book thing, I don't do face book or any of that. I am just too mean, well, I don't want to splatter any more of me on the net than what is already out there.

Eutechnix is buying facebook likes for !00E each.

This seems to be the equivalent of "If you'll be my friend, I'll give you $100".

No doubt next month they will be showing investors how many facebook likes they have as an indication of how many people like this game.

Quote Originally Posted by LUDGR81 View Post
    Eutechnix is buying facebook likes for !00E each.

This seems to be the equivalent of "If you'll be my friend, I'll give you $100".

No doubt next month they will be showing investors how many facebook likes they have as an indication of how many people like this game.
    The people giving those "likes" are the people playing the game. If they didn't like the game, they wouldn't be playing the game, so what's your point?

Hifi: so what's your point?

My point is obvious. Eutechnix is buying likes for 100E each. It's the first line in my post. DUH.

My question is, what's the problem with that? They are giving out free credits. The people who like the game (AKA the people that are playing the game) do something to show that they like the game to get those credits. Using the number of likes they get from this as a statistic isn't wrong in any way, seeing as the people hitting that like button are people who are playing the game. it's not like they are getting people who are NOT playing the game to hit the like button.

Hifi: My question is, what's the problem with that?

Let me refer you to the second line in my post:

You still haven't said what the problem is or why you object to what they are doing. I've clearly stated why I think what they are doing is fine. All you have done is make suppositions and spout metaphors.

Hifi: You still haven't said what the problem is or why you object to what they are doing.

Let me refer you to the third line of my post:

If you don't get it, I'm not going to explain this fairly simple concept to you. It's spelled out clearly enough. If you can't understand, that's really not my problem.

Gamer IDs

Hifi: You still haven't said what the problem is or why you object to what they are doing.

Let me refer you to the third line of my post:

If you don't get it, I'm not going to explain this fairly simple concept to you. It's spelled out clearly enough. If you can't understand, that's really not my problem.

OMG! they are going to point to something that reflects how many people play the game that can be bothered to like them on FB!

OH WAIT, I guess I am just too stupid, I miss the part where that is bad. I don't have a facebook account, but if you pay me $100.00 to like you on facebook I will make one right away LOL.

Keep for later.

100E-bux?
    It doesn't have to be a car.

Such an amount? I'd spend it on paint (body/wheel/calipers) and some vinyls/decals/liveries.
    And maybe on a set of alloys that would look absolutely fantastic on one of the cars.

Or on another livery save slot.
    Cheers,
    kos_tia

Auto Club Revolution Game Master

Follow Auto Club Revolution
    Web | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

any knowledge on how often e bucks can be earned or given away. ive tried to get this answered in many places and no answer yet . cheers

I haven't logged in to face book in a couple of months; just not active on it, so I was flabbergasted to find my account suspended. No warning, no explanation and no way to contact facebook to find out what/why. Fun stuff. But I'm sure I friended ACR way back.
    Registering for the WOW demo has caused me all sorts of problems, and avalanche of spam, some one tried to hack my paypal account, and now this. All for a demo that only took 2 days to do.

Trukr: OH WAIT, I guess I am just too stupid, I miss the part where that is bad. I don't have a facebook account, but if you pay me $100.00 to like you on facebook I will make one right away LOL.

You are [..]edited[..], dum dum. They are buying likes, not earning them. This gives a false picture of how well they are liked. Then they will use that information to dupe other dum dums. It's deceptive and what do you get? Not enough E to buy the slowest car.
    Last edited by Julz; 25-04-2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: edited for politeness

Hi all,

I guess it's time for me to pitch in

@LUDGR81: You are absolutely right, we are indeed buying likes, the same way many other games do. The only difference is, you have to be a player first to even know about this, so we are not buying players, just an easier way to keep you all informed about the game. The objective is to increase the retention, virality and reach. The alternative to buy "likes" like this is to either spend millions in advertisement (including on Facebook, you can buy adverts with them so you appear on the sponsored links and such), but if we were to do that, we would actually pay someone else to get players and/or likes. Since it is something that needs to be doing to grow the game (spending money) why not give it to you rather than to a 3rd party?

@dgeesi0: There will be more promotions like this in the future, with various objectives. By I have no firm and sound date to give you at this time. Just keep those 100 e-bucks until you can get more to buy what you want

Thanks,
    ~Julz.

As a free playas we gotta support this game any way they want us...

its a way to pay for their effort

Im not going to spent any real money on ACR, but Im ready to click any "like button" they ask me to.

Game Master
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RickSpeed XFIRE ID: Gibbsuk Steam ID: gibbsuk
    Unliked.
    Liked
    $100
    Auto Club Revolution Game Master

Congratulations to 'Alien', the first World champion of the unofficial ACR World Championship, June 2012 See HERE
    PM Me if you want MORE of this competition!

Follow Auto Club Revolution
    Web | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Gamer IDs

Trukr: OH WAIT, I guess I am just too stupid, I miss the part where that is bad. I don't have a facebook account, but if you pay me $100.00 to like you on facebook I will make one right away LOL.

You are [..]edited[..], dum dum. They are buying likes, not earning them. This gives a false picture of how well they are liked. Then they will use that information to dupe other dum dums. It's deceptive and what do you get? Not enough E to buy the slowest car.
    Oh my! They may attract players, what ever will you do with more players in game to race with?! I remember Aeria Games gave me free AP for having a little add gif in my email sig, more for emailing friend with text to invite them to play one of the games they hosted as well as other things. Can we say marketing? Here is an idea, you don't like it then don't do it. I have not, but because I don't have a facebook account, well I had a throw away one I forget the log in on but I have no reason to want on there.

Oh, if they do NOT "like" ACR I think they are NOT playing and NOT bothered with 100E that they will not use. At this time I will choose to not say something that I will need to edit out.

Getting people to play this isn't the problem, keeping them here is.

Ice
    I was browsing this forum during lunch and saw this and had to put my 2 cents in.

If we wanted to show figures to investors would it not be easier to show them how many people have signed up to ACR, it would be a much more accurate figure, than how many people like the Facebook page.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast