3 10.34%
  • Yes, they have to make money somehow

14 48.28%

Thread: Acr ptw?

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MetalJesus89 PSN ID: Zubre XFIRE ID: Zubre Steam ID: Zubre

Thumbs down Acr ptw?

Alright so after a few months of not playing due to hardware issues, i notice that it has suddenly turned to Pay to win, meaning you have to pay real money to get better cars. This makes me very disapointed to be honest, i thought that with its non PTW it could be a good, or even great game for the pc, but since this has happened i have to say that i will not play ACR even though i think its a good game and the potential for it is enormous. So, Eutechnyx, good bye and thanks that i could participate in the closed beta, when it was good.

This very old news, been bantered, bickered, and argued about at length. Already been told the way it is is the way it is going to be, love it or leave it. period, end of discussion.

And it's not p2w, the Ebuck cars aren't really any better the the free ones but the depends on the class. 2 of the free cars are probably the worst handling cars in the game, if not there own class.

I was in, did 12 laps on the new track, got my 30th level and the Vet, and out till something new and "free" come in.
    The game is free to demo.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: GTP_ARP93
    Quote Originally Posted by ManStan View Post
    This very old news, been bantered, bickered, and argued about at length. Already been told the way it is is the way it is going to be, love it or leave it. period, end of discussion.

And it's not p2w, the Ebuck cars aren't really any better the the free ones but the depends on the class. 2 of the free cars are probably the worst handling cars in the game, if not there own class.

I was in, did 12 laps on the new track, got my 30th level and the Vet, and out till something new and "free" come in.
    The game is free to demo.
    Just out of curiosity, how much did you get for the 12 laps on the new track? I did 5 with a FD3S and got around 100 Cr and not much xp either. I'm thinking payouts are a bit off with the docks.

The free cars domintate in atleast 3 classes so can hardly call it pay to win.
    This could change off course in the future but it is more pay to play in my opinion.
    Btw 12 laps how is this possible it goes from 10 to 20 laps???
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
    ----------
    After (M)onday and (T)uesday even the week says WTF !!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: trukr
    I won't dignify this poll with a vote.

3X4=12

What some people don't seem to realize is there are better economic/marketing plans for this game to make money.
    The present "free to play" system here is just free to walk in the door, with nothing free to get people to stay, they don't. Window shoppers don't spend.

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MetalJesus89 PSN ID: Zubre XFIRE ID: Zubre Steam ID: Zubre
    I'd rather pay a subscription fee than pay for cars. I would gladly provide the company 9-12 euros a month to play the game, and pay for the cars with ingame money. What i think could work, is to make an option to choose to pay subscription. Which is done by a few other games.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: just_say_no_to_p2w Steam ID: just_say_no_to_p2w
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubre View Post
    I'd rather pay a subscription fee than pay for cars. I would gladly provide the company 9-12 euros a month to play the game, and pay for the cars with ingame money. What i think could work, is to make an option to choose to pay subscription. Which is done by a few other games.
    This game isn't worth enough for a sub. You may be willing to pay the sub but tons of other people wouldn't be. Their market projections showed this. They knew the f2p route would net more money but they just went about it entirely the wrong way.

The only plan I can see that could possibly work for them long term is to change the game to a type of GW deal. Buy the game for 10 bucks and no sub. Which would make it pay once to play. Take out the E bs completely and make everything purchasable with credits.

If they went this route I wouldn't be able to play the game but that route is more viable than this for the company. It isn't worth 10 bucks at the moment but if they manage to keep up with some updates and things maybe in a few months it will be.

Game Master
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RickSpeed XFIRE ID: Gibbsuk Steam ID: gibbsuk
    Jeez the same old discussion again.... really?
    Can we close this thread because there's already a poll, there's already discussions about this. Pointless thread.
    Auto Club Revolution Game Master

Congratulations to 'Alien', the first World champion of the unofficial ACR World Championship, June 2012 See HERE
    PM Me if you want MORE of this competition!

Follow Auto Club Revolution
    Web | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

This image would sum it up RickSpeed.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Anxiety43 XFIRE ID: anxiety43 Steam ID: anxietypt
    I don't agree with any of these poll options.
    If you spent 5 minutes on the forum, you would see there's already a huge thread about this here:
    http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/...game-currency!