So, Eutechnyx is going down the road Invictus went, a?

There's something in common between Eutechnyx and Invictus: both companies just die to ruin thing that someone likes. When I used to play Level R I loved a 4WD car called Quadro because it was a drift king among the street class. Not long after I began destroying other players drift dreams by the very same Quadro, winning a few races on drift mode driving the Quadro versus special drift mode cars, they "upgraded" it and made it awful not just on drifting, but on just driving and racing. It was undrivable - couldn't make it in an oval turn with 60 km/h.
    Now, here, at ACR, I just found two 4WD that can do a great drift and it looks like someone in Eutechnyx envied me and decided to f*ck up the only 2 things that used to make me keep playing this game - VW Golf R32 and the EVO.
    Before that stupid patch (and which now I wish it was never applied) on LA River I was able to reach R32's top speed without any problems. Now not only I can't make it to 297 km/h, but the car can't make a turn without understeering and has problem to make it out of the hairpin on LA River without crashing the wall. Before the stupid patch I could make this turn by drifting on 2nd gear by the R32. Now it doesn't want to drift (no matter that all assists are off and TC is missing like it never existed) and the car goes like on railway tracks plus the under-steering sh*t. Also, the stupid piece of junk, which the R32 now is, accelerates 20 years and with great difficulty it reaches 270 km/h. I payed real money for that car and I was happy to blow away RX-7 and all other cars in class D. But now it performs worse than a horse cart.
    Things with EVO are not very different. EVO also under-steers like crazy, can't make a normal turn with 60-70 km/h without hitting the wall or going off track, when it drifts in the same direction suddenly without my intervention it decides to go the other way ruining my drift and making a wild crash on the wall. Those drifts I used to do before the patch are now impossible.
    To finish - the new track is a total crap. It has only one decent spot for drift and it's a heaven for rammers, because it's so tight that when you try to overtake someone it's easier for him to ram you. Not to mention the blind id*ots who feel it's mandatory to crash into you, instead of going around you - like the rammer who hit you once already is not enough.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: bemaniac360 PSN ID: gitarooman84 Steam ID: holyshade
    Maybe Eutechnyx doesn't want drift players in this racing game. I sure don't want drifting in any game I play.

Quote Originally Posted by rado84 View Post
    To finish - the new track is a total crap. It has only one decent spot for drift and it's a heaven for rammers, because it's so tight that when you try to overtake someone it's easier for him to ram you. Not to mention the blind id*ots who feel it's mandatory to crash into you, instead of going around you - like the rammer who hit you once already is not enough.
    It has more than one decent spot for drifts. It's a bit narrow and difficult and some corners aren't curvy enough, that's all. And the narrow straight, why is there a straight? I guess they tried to please everyone by making it half racetrack, half drift track.
    It also has no replay cams. Apart from that, I'm happy with it.

Can the Harbor be done sideways with an Evo? Definately yes!
    Is it a hard task? Definately yes!
    Is it fun to do it sideways? Due to extrem low driftspeeds for me not.
    Do you have to downgrade the Evo? I had to. Sports-Tires only and only first upgrade on suspension works fine for me.
    Will i do a video? Sorry but no. Replay mode in ACR is overall not the best for videoediting, but since on the harbor-replays only hood and bumper cam do exist, it's a no-no.
    Will i drive it more than once in a while? Probably not because the new track does make a lot of trouble with my gfx-card and leads to frequent crashed of the driver.

So, is the new track of any value? Not for me. To narrow and slow for having fun going sideways and to be serious, i don't have to try a real race on the track to know that it won't be of any fun. Nearly no chance to overtake anywhere without bumping the opponent out of the line. Without any qualifying system it's pure luck where you are placed in the starting grid, because this will mostly be the final position too.

Overall i'm curious why such type of a drift-track was made at this stage.

- No drift-mode where you can get points for going sideways (not that I want to have one, i'm fine with drifting j4f)
    - still the same old problems with drifting overall. Even for wheel-users the fun is very limited since to high driftangles do often result in random engine-cut-off's.
    - no suitable-replay-camera's for making drift-videos
    - still no bug-fix for the fixed-front-wheels in replay when using a wheel as controller
    - people already complain about wreckers and now a track is implemented where it is nearly impossible to overtake without wrecking even if one wants to

Btw. given that the new track is a harbor area the overal grip is way to high. Such an area usually has a dirty and bumpy surfaces that doesn't provide much grip. But this track has much more grip than any of the real racetracks that are available. Even with sports-tires only and only the first suspension-upgrade, the Evo needs a lot of handbrake-usage to get it sideways. Lift-off?Weight-shift? Barely possible (not only because of the narrow streets). When you finally managed to get it sideways it's barely possible to hold rev's up due to the high grip-level. Especially without the missing clutch and therefore missing possibility of clutch-kicking, this become's a serious and anoying circumstance that takes away a lot of fun.

But to say that drifting is impossible is not true. Or like a wise guy said not long ago: The fact that you are unable to perform a task doesn't mean it can't be done

Quote Originally Posted by bemaniac View Post
    Maybe Eutechnyx doesn't want drift players in this racing game. I sure don't want drifting in any game I play.
    If they kick out all the drifters they'll bankrupt. If they didn't want drifters in this game, they wouldn't try to make a drift track (aside from the fact that this track in question is a total crap). If they don't want drifters in this game they should say so right away, we'll all go to give our money to another company (Invictus, for example) and Eutechnyx should rename this game to Pentioner Club Revolution.

I've been on the track enough to know most of it can be drifted, maybe not in this game using a pad, but the potential is there.

I also think you way over estimate how many people drift in this game; as have the devs. A lot more people would have been happier with an actual racing track. I don't see the track getting much more play the LA sprint.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Anxiety43 XFIRE ID: anxiety43 Steam ID: anxietypt
    If this game had decent drifting, I would actually get into it regardless of all the nasty stuff I said about it.
    Why? Simply because I love drifting and there's no other MMOs out there that have decent drift physics.

I would prefer if there was an actual mode, I don't want to have to start a race and go through the hassle of weeding out the people that aren't actually going to drift, making up my own rules, etc - I just want to drift.
    I'd say the physics between racing and drifting should be the same (except maybe a "drift" tyre upgrade or something) but currently the assists don't allow for proper drifting on most cars. (Don't give me that BS saying drifting is perfectly fine)

Quote Originally Posted by ManStan View Post
    I've been on the track enough to know most of it can be drifted, maybe not in this game using a pad, but the potential is there.

I also think you way over estimate how many people drift in this game; as have the devs. A lot more people would have been happier with an actual racing track. I don't see the track getting much more play the LA sprint.
    I for one play it all the time in Time Trial mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
    but currently the assists don't allow for proper drifting on most cars
    Just turn off assists. My best friend turns assists on in order to drift, but this is not drift, imo. I prefer to "feel the raw power of the car" (as a famous game says on its loading screen) and to adjust my driving/drifting style according to the performance of the car in question.

Ahh if only you could, the biggest problem I am having trying to drift is fighting with the game to let me.

If by the title of this thread you are inferring that ACR is being ruined by stead fastly staying with an unpopular developmental/economic plan, I agree. But this is just normal for games, see it all the time.
    And invictus/PT, levelr, heatonline, are were they are now because of ignoring the players wants/demands and continuing down the rode to ruin. It took PT that was at the time the most popular racing game online, to what it is now. A consolidation of 6 different server/versions of the game, to 1 now barely managing to stay afloat. They wanted to take it down the road to arcadia and about destroyed the game doing it. Even when the game was hemorrhaging players world wide, they continued developing it to be a kids arcade racer.

In the CB I loved the game, couldn't wait for more cars and tracks; as well as bug fixes. Was ready to spend money on the OB; even though the game was far from ready to be in an open beta. I could go on but why? It's one thing to shot your self in the foot, its quite another to blow a leg off. This economic set up has caused this game more bad press then any bug could. The way it is set it it will have a constant stream of transient players the biggest share of will move on once they have all the free stuff. This economic plan has done little but cost this game money.
    So after having a pole up forever asking what tracks we wanted what we got wasn't even on the list, let alone one of the top five.
    The only new car added to the game is a promo BMW, like we need yet another BMW. I assume BMW is one of the big sponcers to the game. We have what, 5 now?

What is the point of having poles and asking opinions if they are ignored?
    Last edited by ManStan; 26-04-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: shaddix22
    you have all upgrades and they are understeering like a lotus haha.
    Those cars should be better if they upgraded to 100%.

Eutechnyx, I'm glad you decided to fix whatever you f*cked up with the Golf - today when I launched the game there was an update. After this update I can confidently say that the VW Golf is the perfect car in this game.
    But there's much more work to do on other things, especially on the EVO. I'll post a new topic on the problems with the EVO, 'cause if I describe them here it will be a huge offtopic.