Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fisha695 PSN ID: fisha695 XFIRE ID: fisha695 Steam ID: fisha695

Exclamation Speed Channel gone for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ourand; Media Reporter, Sports Business Journal
    Sources: A Fox plan is to flip Speed, not Fuel, into an all-sports channel to compete with ESPN. Fox has talked with leagues & distributors.

Sources: Fox's plans are still evolving for an all-sports channel. Nothing is firm yet. They want to do it and are exploring options.

Fox Soccer Channel has not been part of any of these discussions. RT @beINSportsUSA What about converting Fox Soccer into multi-sports?

Sources: At one point, Fox was talking about converting Fuel into its motor racing channel. Way too early to say whether that will occur.

Speed is in 82 million homes. Fuel is in 30 million homes.

Sources: Nothing will happen this year with Fox's potential all-sports channel

Fox doesn't want to lose NASCAR rights. NASCAR execs are not being kept in the dark.

Thanks for sharing. I'm being told that it won't be Fuel...at least for now.

Why would a league want to put its rights on a channel that nobody can see? Fuel was considered; leagues pushed back.

MLB and NASCAR are the next ones up. Plus, they just picked up a ton of Pac-12 rights.

No. The RSNs are a great business for Fox. They still keep all their local games. This is about getting a national channel.

Fox owns Speed, and Fox owns Fuel.

By the time anything happens, there would be brand new affiliate deals in place for many distributors.

The million dollar Q. Challenge ESPN? Or ESPN2? Or ESPNU? Or ESPNews? Or ESPN3? Or ES... RT @SPORTSbyBROOKS how do u define 'challenge ESPN'

I would be surprised if NBC didn't kick the tires (pun intended).

You're right. They will challenge for TV game rights. That will push rights fees up. And it does nothing about online/mobile

Plans are still evolving and could change.

Last Fox tweet (for now). Nothing is imminent. Nothing is concrete. Nothing this year. Fox is interested and is actively looking into it.
    Discuss.
    0-34 <-> Hey look I finally updated it.

24 Heures du Mans 2013 Race Thread (Click)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BMM248
    No, SPEED is the go to motorsports channel, SPEED and Fuel TV being meshed together isn't a bad idea, but I wouldn't take it any farther than that.

PBC Hard Charger CheesyGreenBison's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ChesyGreenBison PSN ID: CheesyGreenBison Steam ID: CheesyGreenBison
    Who the F cares about Fox Soccer, honestly.

*checks channels*

I already have FSN. Why not convert that into the new channel, and even more people already have that.
    I have a jelly tortoise.

Born in the USSR

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: L33T Pilot PSN ID: L33TPilot Steam ID: 1337Pilot
    This can only make the actual channel worse but not that I care since I am not in the US :P

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SilentPsych2012
    In the words of Juan Montoya...

"HELL NO"

Dale Jr: "He just spun right out. Craziest thing I ever saw."
    -Richmond Flall 2013
    Follow me on Twitter @SilentPsych

PBC Hard Charger CheesyGreenBison's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ChesyGreenBison PSN ID: CheesyGreenBison Steam ID: CheesyGreenBison
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNascarFan View Post
    In the words of Juan Montoya...

"HELL NO"
    I bet he watches Fox Soccer. Isn't he actually really good at soccer?
    I have a jelly tortoise.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    This can only make the actual channel worse but not that I care since I am not in the US :P
    Don't worry I'm sure if it gets made into an all-sports network then Murdoch will bring it over there as "Sky Sports USA" or something like that.. haha

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JohnElightening Steam ID: indyboy12
    Please no, don't happen.

Speed is my main go-to channel.
    I will not change this signature until
    Tennessee Volunteers win a National Championship.
    Ford wins a Sprint Cup Championship.
    Tennessee Titans win a Super Bowl. October 29th, 2013.
    Here is my Twitter.

Fuuuuuuuu......

Where are we gonna get practice sessions and qualifying now?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter
    @nascar4824hen
    Go Inter Milan and New York Red Bulls!

Banned
    GameStop...trading in NTG IL....no DLC in Career Mode
    Sometimes watch Speed never watch Fuel. Sounds bad for Speed watchers.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CharlieFibrosis
    An overused video but still gets to the point

If they cut or mess with Speed I am going to be flying off the handle! It's a MOTORSPORTS CHANNEL, key word MOTORSPORTS! In the word Mo-Tor-Spo-Rts is there Soccer? NO! Is there Baseball? NO!

CARS AND RACING? DING DING DING! WINNER!

Leave Speed as it is. We love watching practice and qualifying. If you guys cared so much about racing, you'd show it on your regular station, BUT NOOOOO! you gotta go and try to screw a good thing up.

/rant over!
    Dan Wheldon: 1978-2011, Dick Trickle 1941-2013, Jason Leffler 1975-2013
    “To me, the real heroes are the people who do worthwhile things without the thought of monetary gain” – Benny Parsons
    “I realized I better enjoy and appreciate and contribute as much as I can today because all of this could be gone tomorrow.” – Davey Allison

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: bubba1498
    If Fox gets rid of Speed (fill in the blank.)
    Cup: #24 #4 #55 ​#21 #5 #42
    Nationwide: ​#6
    Trucks: #6 #54, ​#4
    NFL: Dallas Cowboys NCAA: Kansas State Wildcats ​Twitter: @gordonsmith2424
    "I don't care what people think. People are stupid."-Charles Barkley

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TDogWilson24 Steam ID: TDogWilson24
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Fibrosis View Post
    An overused video but still gets to the point

If they cut or mess with Speed I am going to be flying off the handle! It's a MOTORSPORTS CHANNEL, key word MOTORSPORTS! In the word Mo-Tor-Spo-Rts is there Soccer? NO! Is there Baseball? NO!

CARS AND RACING? DING DING DING! WINNER!

Leave Speed as it is. We love watching practice and qualifying. If you guys cared so much about racing, you'd show it on your regular station, BUT NOOOOO! you gotta go and try to screw a good thing up.

/rant over!
    I agree 150%.
    *Insert Quote of Choice*

Gamer IDs

I remember TV before SPEED.... Wasn't really that bad (especially considering the crap that SPEED fills their schedule with now).

I remember when NASCAR wasn't on TV for 60hrs each weekend.... It was actually better for the sport because it wasn't as over-exposed. You won't be able to get rid of all the over-exposure obviously because the Internet exist and is so popular now, however eliminating replays of the Qualifying/Practice/Races as well as some of the highlight shows would actually help increase ratings of those events when they happen.

Then again that stuff isn't gonna go away, if anything it's just gonna end up on another channel, maybe even a dedicated NASCAR channel.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NoFear9944
    The thing is, I watch SPEED for Grand-am, MX, some NASCAR quals, dirt track racing.

The only way this works is (you NY natives remember this) how the Empire Sports Network worked. They covered Sabres, Bills, AND did a Special "Rush Hour on DIRT" I think every Friday or whenever DIRT Motorsports (now DIRTCar) was racing. It was a paradise. If FOX turned SPEED into that, but carried a lot of modifieds, k&n series, WoO, that'd be perfect.

#47 ALLMENDINGER ~ #99 EDWARDS~ #44 YELEY~ #11 HAMLIN ~ #42 LARSON~ #40 CASSILL #LEFturn

lol I've never even heard of Fuel, I don't think my provider offers it...

Quote Originally Posted by Thud View Post
    The only reason I have heard of Fueltv is because of the thing right before the Race coverage FOX Sports does the thing where they either list the big sports events/series/leagues they carry, or the channels that they have (FSN, Fuel, Speed, Big 10, Fox Soccer Channel, and Fox Sports)

anyways that would be dumb to do.
    Last edited by kk9fan97; 29-03-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Dan Wheldon 1978-2011 Sarah Burke 1982-2012 Caleb Moore 1987-2013 #RIPDan77
    Favorite drivers: Kasey Kahne, Jamie McMurray, Johanna Long, Ryan Blaney, Dave Blaney, Ryan Briscoe, Will Power
    Quote Originally Posted by FBI Agent Tobias Fornell on NCIS View Post
    Holy 4th of July weenie roast, What the hell am I looking at?!?!?!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JGJrfan2488
    Only thing on Speed that's good is the NASCAR coverage and Race Hub. As long as those are televised somewhere I'm good.

Gamer IDs

Bright House cable Daytona Beach = Channel 105 part of the "Sports Pass".

As long as they still show truck races and monster jam I dont really care since thats all I really watch on SPEED nowadays.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: CharlieFibrosis
    I mean all I really watch SPEED for the Truck Series to be quite honest (I'll watch a Grand-Am, F1, Lucus Oil Offroad Trucks or even Motorcross race occasionally but not a diehard fan), but I know there are A LOT of people who are die hard racing fans and they love the set up. I am going to say this, if they got rid of some of the shows like Dumbest Stuff On Wheels and a few of the other shows that really don't pertain to racing really, then cut those (Keep Barrett Jackson since that has been on a while and a few other shows), and shift it to racing.

For example.

Monday is composed of OLD races from all around the world. USAC Sprint Cars, NASCAR, CART, Sports Cars, F1. Then near the 7-9 block of programming they go to Speed Center or NASCAR Race Hub.

They also show the qualfiying and practice for the Grand Am Series, IRL, etc.

For things like Dumbest Stuff On Wheels show that on FUEL or something. I know my idea may not be that practical but it is a racing network and to be honest, I'd like to see old racing so fans young and old can watch the histories of the sport and relive amazing moments again.

Just my two cents.
    Dan Wheldon: 1978-2011, Dick Trickle 1941-2013, Jason Leffler 1975-2013
    “To me, the real heroes are the people who do worthwhile things without the thought of monetary gain” – Benny Parsons
    “I realized I better enjoy and appreciate and contribute as much as I can today because all of this could be gone tomorrow.” – Davey Allison

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SiIentSanta PSN ID: SpartyAJU Steam ID: SpartyAJU
    I see nothing wrong with it, but I don't watch Speed to often. They're just following what everyone else is doing, ESPN, NBC Sports Network, etc... Plus, if Speed gets axed it doesn't mean they still won't broadcast NASCAR, it just means motorsports won't be the 24/7 topic of discussion, which I personally wouldn't want to watch anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by fisha695 View Post
    bright house cable daytona beach = channel 105 part of the "sports pass".
    stalker

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSanta View Post
    I see nothing wrong with it, but I don't watch Speed to often. They're just following what everyone else is doing, ESPN, NBC Sports Network, etc... Plus, if Speed gets axed it doesn't mean they still won't broadcast NASCAR, it just means motorsports won't be the 24/7 topic of discussion, which I personally wouldn't want to watch anyways.
    Here is the thing though (and I may be a bit jaded on this because of what I'm gonna explain then but) why is there a need for a National "FOX Sports Net"?

Pretty much everybody get's a regional "FOX Sports Net" that covers either the sports teams from the big city by them or the sports teams in their region. There is no need for a National one because people are still gonna watch their local ones for info on their local/regional teams (and other teams in the league).

I mean I'm not really a huge sports fan but I look at it this way, with my cable package I get the following.
    ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNClassic
    FOX Sports Net/Comcast Sports Net Philly (Phillies, 76ers, Flyers, Eagles, etc)
    SportsNet New York (Mets, Jets, Big East, UConn, as well as news from other NY/NJ teams)
    Yankees (YES) Network (Yankees, Nets, Arsenal FC, as well as news from other NY/NJ teams)
    Golf Network, NFL Network, NBC Sports Network

Most people around the country get a Comcast and/or FOX Sports Net already via the regional ones so there is no real need IMHO for a National one.

stalker
    l0l

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TlathamXmahtalT
    Dammit, if SPEED stops showing NASCAR, I'm fudged until the race actually starts...

I don't have FUEL TV in my cable package...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast