Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums

Thread: Online Play

Online Play

I haven't played in months but I just attempted to play online and was unsuccessful for over an hour. Every single time it either froze or booted me before the race started or caused my playstation to restart for no apparent reason. I've had this game since day one, through all the patches, excuses and the "its your nat type/internet speed" BS. I want what this game was supposed to be, in the new game, but I'm not sure its fair I pay twice for it. How about a program where anyone that bought ntg2011 can trade it in for the new one free of charge? I believe in second chances, so please get 2012 right the first time.
    PSN - renegade3064 - I race clean, add me...

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FULKROD_RCN_53
    not gonna lie but like 3 days ago, it seems like the game is falling apart. it does need an up date. i stated to ice while we was racing. that i hope the next game gets up dated a lot more, like COD does.
    "Because he believes that the PS3 is a god send that is better than even a super computer and wants somebody to bow down to him so he can gloat he's god's right hand man for defending the PS3..."

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GradyGG
    Im sure they will just blame your connection...

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TlathamXmahtalT
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Im sure they will just blame your connection...
    Would be the first thing I'd suggest.

I rarely get booted and I have loads of fun racing online.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FULKROD_RCN_53
    noone was booted as i was the host, & private races. love my comcast. the surging went on, & when u were trying to bumpdraft the cars locked together, not bump off each other. it is need of a patch. but hopefully they keep up on game maintenance on the next one.
    "Because he believes that the PS3 is a god send that is better than even a super computer and wants somebody to bow down to him so he can gloat he's god's right hand man for defending the PS3..."

Truth444
    I've never heard of so few people still having issues with this game. Has anyone tried at least cleaning their system with a disc cleaner?? It may be time to update the system, not the game.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: basskicker84
    even if every thing works the way its supposed to, some Child will turn you anyway

Paint Booth Hall of Fame spudgun040's Avatar
    it's rather frustrating then fun. today my game froze twice and it took ages to find me a decent lobby. i've never seen a game with such a bad online apperance. well, all hopes for the next title then.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Brickman81
    Quote Originally Posted by zippyrun4urlife View Post
    even if every thing works the way its supposed to, some Child will turn you anyway
    Damn right... If you find a public lobby with good clean racing you don't leave, it could take hours to find another one.

Quote Originally Posted by spudgun040 View Post
    it's rather frustrating then fun. today my game froze twice and it took ages to find me a decent lobby. i've never seen a game with such a bad online apperance.
    It won't get any better until they have a dedicated server for it... And as far as I know 2012 won't, so expect more of the same.

Paint Booth Hall of Fame spudgun040's Avatar
    if they are aware of the problem, i can't believe that they confirm anywhere that they won't do better next time.

Truth444
    I rarely go to the open lobby to race... you'll have guys that are friends that are 50 years old, but acting like they're ten wrecking and causing cautions every lap... that is frustrating. I have made some friends that act like they have brains and I often run private races with them. You still have issues on the track, even with the best players in the game, but mature folks don't sit there and ***** and moan about it too much. It's like "hey, that's just a racin' deal" and we forget about it. Now if it happens more than it should, it's time to update your friend's list... lol. But I can't wait to see what they have for us in the career mode... hopefully the paint booth room will be like the 09 game... a plain white room instead of a room with shadows, sunlight, machines, tires... it makes it difficult to line up your decals and get your paint colors right on the current game. Not horrible, but it makes you work a little harder...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Truth444 View Post
    I rarely go to the open lobby to race... you'll have guys that are friends that are 50 years old, but acting like they're ten wrecking and causing cautions every lap... that is frustrating.
    I almost never race in the public lobby's anymore, once or twice a month at most. 95% of the people on there can't race worth a damn.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: NO_LIFT_RCN_39
    The problems y'all list are normal. That's the COD server way of things. Never had these online problems on any NASCAR game from EA. Dedicated server makes a big difference!!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NLR39 View Post
    Dedicated server makes a big difference!!
    Damn right it does.