Eutechnyx Forums - Powered by vBulletin
NTG Forums
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Shindib

Car Setups Online

Has anyone figured out why the custom setups you make in track testing do not carry over properly to online play? It seems like the wedge is always way off from what it is supposed to be set at. For example, if I have it set at 52% in my custom car setup, I will get into an online race, the car will be crazy loose, I will immediately pit, and it will be showing something like 47%. Any idea how to fix this? If I bump it back up to 52%, it will help get back to what the car is supposed to actually be at, but if I go back into the pits it will be displaying something other than 52.0%, like 52.7 or even higher. Every stop I make doesn't seem to stick.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GHOST WARFAR3 PSN ID: TyMan525
    Maybe you're not using the setups online.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: b67hse73
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindib View Post
    Has anyone figured out why the custom setups you make in track testing do not carry over properly to online play? It seems like the wedge is always way off from what it is supposed to be set at. For example, if I have it set at 52% in my custom car setup, I will get into an online race, the car will be crazy loose, I will immediately pit, and it will be showing something like 47%. Any idea how to fix this? If I bump it back up to 52%, it will help get back to what the car is supposed to actually be at, but if I go back into the pits it will be displaying something other than 52.0%, like 52.7 or even higher. Every stop I make doesn't seem to stick.
    This is known of the car adjusting itself.

'Don't think there is a fix.
    Last edited by HMS48; 17-03-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Jimmie Johnson driver of the 48 Lowe's Daytona Yellow Chevrolet

Fan
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: vegaskiller73
    From what I can understand, the wedge is dynamic and not static.

By dynamic I mean, air pressures seem to make it change. Whether you are just changes air pressures in the setup or running on the track and the tire temps go up creating the pressure to rise.

I don't understand how this can be. When you set wedge, that is where it should stay. I'd reather see it static. It's hard to get a handle on the setup, when the wedge changes as you changes air pressures or they change during a run.

I may be wrong but this is how I see it.

Gamer IDs

I understand what both of you are saying. I understand that during a race it may be normal for the wedge to adjust itself based on tire wear and hitting things and whatnot.. but the problem I am having is way beyond this.

If I create a custom setup with the wedge set at 52%, as soon as I begin a race, drive around the track one time, and pit, it is at 49.6%. This is NOT the car adjusting itself. This is the game loading that one part of my setup completely incorrect into the race. There's no reason at all why it should change that much that quickly for no good reason. Every custom setup I have made does it. I even tried making an exact copy of a default setup by simply adjusting it and resaving it as a new setup, and it STILL auto adjusted the wedge, but in this case only by a smaller amount. From my experimenting, I think that lowering the tire pressures while making the custom setups seems to have something to do with the wedge changing when the setup loads into a race, but even without changing a thing, it still changed itself. It's a glitch in the game that has to do with custom setups. Every default setup loads into the race exactly as it appears in testing. There is no way this is intentional and it is a problem for anyone who wants to be competitive and is also experiencing this issue. I've confirmed that a few other people on my friend list have the same problem.

Banned
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TlathamXmahtalT
    In real life, wedge changes dynamically over time...

Gamer IDs

I guess you didn't bother reading all of the posts, did you? lol

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BaRnS0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindib View Post
    I guess you didn't bother reading all of the posts, did you? lol
    I know what your saying. My setup for Auto Club has a wedge of 50.9% when viewing setup in car tuning or when practicing. But!! When I go online it is at 50.4%. No I have the car set up a little loose already for offline. So when this happens for online, I'm more loose than I want to be for 5-10 laps.

I havn't checked to see if it is different everytime I go online with it. I'll check tonight.